Guigang (贵港) is a prefecture city in Central Guangxi.
Guigang is not a tourist city and is unlikely to be on anybody's bucket list. That being said, it does have a few things going for it. For instance, the city is relatively uncrowded by Chinese standards and there are a number of decent parks. If you get bored, Guiping, the nearest moderately touristy city, is only 20 minutes away by high-speed train.
- 1 Guigang Railway Station (贵港站, Guigang Station), 518 Jiangbei East Road, Gangbei District (港北区江北东路518号).
- 2 Guigang General Bus Station (贵港汽车总站), 326 Heping Road, Gangbei District (港北区和平路326号), ☏ . Guigang's main bus station.
- 3 Guigang South Bus Station (贵港汽车南站), 410 Jiangnan Avenue, Gangnan District (港南区江南大道410号), ☏ .
- 4 Guigang East Bus Station (贵港汽车东站), 551 Jingang Avenue, Gangbei District (港北区金港大道551号), ☏ .
- 5 Guigang West Bus Station (贵港汽车西站), Xianyi Road Central Section, Gangbei District (港北区仙衣路中段).
Buses are available to all areas of the city. One rather useful bus is the no. 8 bus, which operates between the Guigang Museum and Nanshan Park, and also stops at East Lake Park and a couple of other parks.
- 1 Guigang Museum (贵港博物馆), Southwest corner of the intersection of Guilin Road and Xianyi Road, Gangbei District (港北区桂林路与仙衣路交汇西南角) (Bus routes 3, 8 and 11), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 09:00-17:00, no entry after 16:30, closed on Mondays. Free.
- 2 East Lake Park (东湖公园), Donghu West Street, Gangbei District (港北区东湖西街东) (Bus routes 2, 3, 8, 10 and 14). Free.
- 3 Nanshan Park (南山公园，南山风景名胜区 Nanshan Scenic Area), 37 Nanshan Road, Gangnan District (港南区南山路37号) (Bus routes 8 and k2), ☏ . 07:00-18:30. This is Guigang's most popular park. However, if you come here on a weekday, you're unlikely to see very many people. Free.
- 4 Nanshan Temple (南山寺), Nanshan Park (南山公园内). 08:00-17:00. The city's largest and most important Buddhist temple. ¥9 (standard fee), ¥5 (persons aged between 60 and 69 and children between 1.2 and 1.4 metres in height). Entry is free for persons over 70 and children under 1.2 metres in height.
- 5 Nanshan Zoo (南山动物园), Nanshan Park (南山公园内). ¥15 (standard fee), ¥8 (children between 1.2 and 1.4 metres in height). Entry is free for persons over 70 and children under 1.2 metres in height.