It is the centre of an ancient district of the same name between two famous rivers, the Jhelum and Chenab. The district is bounded on the northeast by Mirpur, on the northwest by the River Jhelum which separates it from Jhelum District, on the east and southeast by the Chenab River, separating it from the districts of Gujranwala and Sialkot, and on the West by Mandi Bahauddin. District Gujrat is spread over an area of 3,192 km², and it includes historic villages and towns such as Jalalpur Jattan, Chakdina, Karnana, Kunjah, Sehna and Lalamusa.
Gujrat is on the bank of the Chenab River, about 120 km (75 miles) north of Lahore. The Grand Trunk Road passes through Gujrat city and you can reach Gujrat either from Lahore in two hours or from Rawalpindi/Islamabad in three hours. The city is surrounded by many villages which supply a significant labor to the local market.
Trains pass through Gujrat on their way to Peshawar and Karachi.
There are many historical buildings and ruins in and around Gujrat. The nearby towns of Jalal Pur Jattan, Pindi Miani, Shadiwal, Kalra, Tanda, Adowal, Gandra Kalan, Kotla, Dinga, Kunjah and many more have historical buildings and ruins.
- The Grand Trunk Road (commonly abbreviated as G.T. road) built by emperor Sher Shah Suri also passes through Gujrat. The road still exists, along with its period stone wall.
- Gujrat Fort.
- Four main gates
- Pace A good shopping mall in town on main G.T. Rd.
- Alena Shopping Mall
- Abdullha Mall, Katchery Rd.
- Sarwar Gold Plaza (near Pakistan Chowk).
- AFC G.T. Rd.
- Chicken Dabu G.T. Rd.
- Chicken Cottage, inside Pace Mall (G.T. Rd).
- Bahiya Pizza, Khawajgan Rd.
- Silver Spoon, Bimber Rd.
- KFC, Chenab River Side.
- Kinara Restaurant, Near Chenab River (inside Akbars Resort).
- Lords Hotel, Zahor Elahi stadium.
- Spring Onion, Prince Chowk.
- lemon bottles, machli chowk gujrat.
- Akbars Resort, Chenab River, GT Road, Wazirabad, ☏ . 26 types of guest rooms and offers five-star facilities to its guests. Popular Kinara Restaurant is inside the resort.