Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gulmit is the administrative capital of Upper Hunza. The Mir of Hunza had his capital in Gulmit. Climate is pleasant during summer and cool during spring and autumn.
- Gilgit Airport
Via the Karakoram Highway
- Views of mighty Karakorum peaks including Topek Dan, Falful Peak, the Shatabar glacier and the Hunza River.
- Tomb of Salim khan III (1790-1824) is found in the old part of the village.
- Gulmit museum, full of traditional ethnic artifacts is part of the Marco Polo Inn.
- Walks: Gulmit offers beautiful and spectacular short walks to Kamris, Andhra and Gulkin as well as long walks over the Gulkin glacier to Borith Lake.
- Fishing at Hunza River.
- Boating at Borat Lake.
- Legal hunting (Duck/Ibex) at Khunjarab National Park.
- Horse Riding and Polo.
- Local festivals are celebrated seasonally within the village with traditional musicians and dancers
Gulmit has a simple bazaar with basic amenities.
- Maro Polo Inn, Gulmit Village (by the Karakoram highway). Check-out: 12noon.
- Gulmit Continental Hotel. 50 meters from the legendary Silk Route, nice Tupopdan peak sunrise views from the rooms. All rooms have separate bathrooms with running hot and cold water 24-7. Rps 800-2000.