Two Metra lines serve Gurnee, albeit indirectly. The Union Pacific North Line between Kenosha and the Ogilvie Transportation Center in downtown Chicago serves Waukegan, and the North Central Service between Antioch and Chicago Union Station serves Grayslake. Washington Street links the two stations, with Gurnee in between.
Several Pace bus lines serve the Gurnee area, including the 565 which runs from the right near the Metra station in Waukegan all the way to the Gurnee Mills area.
Grand Avenue, which is part of Illinois State Route 132, is the main strip of the town. Six Flags Great America and the Gurnee Mills Mall are both located on Grand. Washington Street is the other primary east-west thoroughfare.
- Pyramid House, 37921 N. Dilleys Rd, Wadsworth. Actually a private home, this house is a great drive-by sight or you can tour it on a limited schedule.
- 1 Six Flags Great America, 542 N Route 21 (at Grand Ave./Route 132), ☎ . Chicagoland's premier amusement park, noted for its many roller coasters and other thrill rides, as well as for the nation's largest carousel. Also includes Hurricane Harbor water park.
- 1 The Gurnee Mills Outlet Mall, 6170 Grand Ave, ☎ . Over 200 stores, 14 movie theatres and 20 places to eat.
Gurnee has a wide variety of chain and local restaurants and eateries.
- Five Guys. Five Guys is a fast casual restaurant chain focused on hamburgers, hot dogs, and french fries.
- Salutos. Upscale Italian restaurant serving a wide variety of pizza, pasta, sandwiches, and unique entrees. Unlimited salad & bread-sticks can be had. One of the few non-chain restaurants in Gurnee.
- 1 Comfort Inn Gurnee Hotel, 6080 Gurnee Mills Circle E., ☎ .
- 2 Comfort Suites Gurnee Hotel, 5430 Grand Avenue, ☎ . Located across the street from the Six Flags Great America Amusement Park providing hours of family entertainment. Near Gurnee Mills Outlet Mall.
|Routes through Gurnee|
|Milwaukee ← Kenosha ←||W E||→ Waukegan → Chicago|
|Milwaukee ← Kenosha ←||N S||→ Waukegan → Chicago|