Haad Chao Phao is one of the island's most peaceful spots. On the west coast of the island between Haad Son and Haad Yao, the beach offers golden sands and there are bungalows, restaurants and shops along the seafront.
Take a taxi about 15 minutes from the main pier at Thong Sala. Or ride a motorbike, about 20 minutes from the pier.
A beautiful undiscovered bay fringed by palm trees, with wonderful sunset views.
- 1 Phangan Cabana Restaurant, 79/2 Moo 8 Chao Phao Beach, ☏ . 8:30-23:00. Serves Thai and Western food, seafood, BBQ, and vegetarian food. Has rooms from 500-3,000 baht. 20-800 baht.
- Pirate Bar (Follow signs from main road.). Set in its own little cove. Not always open. Great for the Moon Set party. Watch out for the biting ants!
- Seaflower Beach Bar (Centre of Chao Phao Beach). Barman Mr. Ood does fire dancing most nights. Great spot.
- Benjamin's Hut, ☏ . Check-out: 11:00. Simple huts with hammocks. Dive centre next door. 200+ baht..
- Sunset Hill Resort (From Thong Sala head north for ten min by taxi. Sunset Hill is just before Haad Son and Haad Yao.). Sunset Hill Resort offers large apartments for 1-8 people. Ideal for families and groups. 4,400-16,900 baht.
- Zama Resort, 81/5 Moo 8, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. family-friendly resort, nice views, a pool and an on-site restaurant. from US$ 70.