Hafjell is a ski resort in Gudbrandsdalen, 15 km (9 mi) north of Lillehammer. It is regularly rated as one of the best alpine resorts in Norway. The venue hosted slalom and giant slalom at the 1994 Winter Olympics. Hafjell is fine for families and children, and there are limited off-piste options. Hafjell is conveniently located on Norway's main road (E6) and the Oslo-Hamar-Trondheim railway line. The slopes and lifts offers a fine panorama of Gudbrandsdalen valley.
Norwegian State railways has frequent train arrivals to Lillehammer from Oslo. In addition, the train to Trondheim stop at Hunderfossen station located 3 km from Hafjell. There are buses from Oslo via Oslo Airport Gardermoen to Hafjell Ski Resort.
The ski bus runs between the hotels in Hafjell and Hunderfossen Winter Park, Hafjell Alpine Centre and Gaiastova. There are several departures on Saturdays and at Christmas, New Year, winter break and Easter. The ski bus in Hafjell is a free service funded by the tourism industry. Hafjell ski bus connects with several of the Winter bus service to and from Lillehammer
- [dead link] Lilleputthammer, Aaslettvegen 5, ☏ . Lilleputthammer is a miniature copy of the famous main street - Storgata - in Lillehammer as it was back in the year 1900, built to a scale of 1:4.
- Hafjell Alpinsenter, ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. Skiing slopes. Hosted the slalom and giant slalom events in the 1994 olympics.
- Hunderfossen Familiepark, ☏ . Amusement park, themed after Norwegian fairy tale. Adults (height over 140 cm): kr 260-310, Children: kr 210-255 Children, height under 95 cm: free.
- Lekeland Hafjell, Aaslettvegen 3, ☏ . As one of Norway's largest indoor play parks, Lekeland Hafjell has been specially designed for kids ages 0 - 12, and features a play area covering approx. 800 sq.m.
- Gaiastova restaurant, Hafjelltoppen, ☏ . Gaiastova Restaurant is located at the top of the mountain.
- Hafjell Resort, Aaslettvegen 25, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com.
- Quality Hotel & Resort Hafjell, ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hafjell Hotel & Apartments, Aaslettvegen 3, ☏ . Check-in: 1500, check-out: 1100. Hafjell Hotel & Apartments have hotel and high standard apartments in Hafjell ski resort
|Routes through Hafjell|
|Trondheim ← Kvitfjell ←||N S||→ Lillehammer → Oslo|