There is a local airport, 1 Hamilton Airport, for recreational aircraft.
Use the A200 Henty Highway.
- 1 Sir Reginald Ansett Transport Museum, Ballarat Rd &, Riley St, ☏ . Daily 10AM-4PM. A museum dedicated to Ansett Australia, including the display of the airline's first aircraft (Fokker Universal), models, vehicles and other memorabilia. Adults $10, children/seniors $8, family $20.
- Hamilton Botanic Gardens. Includes rare plants, a restored rotunda, and a small zoo.
- The Keeping Place. A small museum and living history centre run by local indigenous people.
- Country French Hot Bread, 86 Gray St, ☏ .
- Commercial Hotel, 145 Thompson St (cnr Lonsdale St), ☏ , fax: . Basic, old pub rooms with shared bathrooms. From $22 (as of 2004).
Grampians National Park - Beautiful mountain ranges a short drive away.
Mount Gambier - Small South Australian town known for its beautiful Blue Lake. Around 1.5hr drive.