Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hamm is a city in North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany.
- 1 Hamm (Westfalen) station. This station is a surprisingly important hub given the size of Hamm and is served by several ICEs. It used to be an important freight hub as well, but that role has greatly diminished.
- 1 Maximilianpark. The former coalmine Maximilian was transformed into a leisure park with the coalmine washery having been turned into a walk-in-sculpture in the shape of a Glass Elephant. By entering a lift inside the elephants trunk, visitors can reach the top floor of the transformed building, allowing a panoramic view of the surrounding area. As of 2010, the elephant also included a collection of mechanically moving constructs called garden of kinetic objects, mimicking e.g. animal movements. The park also contains various remnants of the sites industrial heritage, playgrounds, a butterfly house, a park railway (operated by a railway club during limited operation times) and a bistro.
- 2 Sri-Kamadchi-Ampal-Tempel, Siegenbeckstraße 4-5. Hindu temple
- 1 Mercure Hotel Hamm, Neue Bahnhofstraße 3, ☏ +49 2381 91920.
- 2 Neumann's Nautilus, Hafenweg 4, Bergkamen, ☏ +49 2389 925920.