North America > United States of America > South (United States of America) > Virginia > Eastern Virginia > Hampton Roads > Hampton (Virginia)
- Interstate 64 travels through downtown Hampton. It intersects Interstate 95 in Richmond and Interstate 81 near Staunton.
Inter-city buses arrive and depart at the 1 Hampton Transit Center, 2 W Pembroke Ave (at N King St).
- Megabus. Service from New York City, Philadelphia, Newark, DE, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., and Richmond. Fares from $1 and up.
Virginia Air & Space Center - Besides having a number of aircraft and exhibits, it also has a IMAX Theater
- Brent's Fine Foods, 9 E Queensway, ☏ . Cooked to order and made in house food including bread, salad dressings and desserts.
Downtown Hampton - During the summer months every Saturday night they close off Queen Street for "Block Party." With live bands, four bars, inflatables for children, beer trucks serving Bud, Bud Light, and Mich Ultra, and other interesting treats like Smirnoff Ice Slushies and Winearitas you can't lose!
Power Plant - The strange but memorable name given to the shopping center just down Pine Chapel Road, one block from the Coliseum. McFaddens, Saddle Ridge and Saddle Ridge's more live music oriented Cheyenne’s all share a block of store front right not to Cold Stone Creamery. Joe's Crab Shack and Lonestar Steakhouse and Saloon also rest in this shopping center if you wanted to grab a few drinks out with dinner before you head over to the bars. There are always plenty of taxi cabs and people to meet.
Tidemill Sports Bar - A little known hole in the wall (unless you're a local) karaoke and sports bar off of Armistead. Heading away from Mercury Blvd you pass the Hampton Roads Center Parkway on your left and it's in the next shopping center on your right. Plenty of parking and fun people. If you like pool, darts, or watching the game on a big screen - this is the place to be.
- Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, 700 Settlers Landing Rd, ☏ . Recently-renovated accommodations on the waterfront.
- Embassy Suites Hampton, 1700 Coliseum Drive, ☏ . A full-service hotel with 295 spacious two-room suites.
- Marriott Courtyard Hampton, 1917 Coliseum Drive, ☏ . Walking distance of the new Hampton Roads Convention Center and Hampton Coliseum.
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, 1616 Hardy Cash Drive. Check-in: 3pm, check-out: 12pm. An extended stay hotel with well-equipped kitchens and weekly housekeeping services with free wi-fi Internet.
- Magnolia House Inn Bed and Breakfast (MagHouseHampton.com), 232 S. Armistead Ave (I-64 ( Exit 267 )), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. The historic Queen Anne Victorian has 3 guestrooms.
|Routes through Hampton|
|Richmond ← Newport News ←||W E||→ Norfolk → Chesapeake|
|END ←||N S||→ Newport News → Chesapeake|
|Richmond ← Newport News ←||W E||→ Norfolk → Virginia Beach|
|END ←||N S||→ Newport News → Tarboro|