Greetings. My name is André Carrotflower. I got my start at the old site, as many of us did, and now I am pleased to be here on Wikivoyage.
"André" is a Gallicization of my given name, Andrew—language, and the French language in particular, is my area of academic study. I use "Carrotflower" in homage to the following: .
I'm a lifelong resident of the Buffalo, New York area—specifically, Williamsville. In my spare time, I am also an amateur photographer; some of my work can be found gracing the pages to which I've contributed.
Current and Upcoming Wikivoyage Projects
- Districting the Buffalo, New York article into seven districts—currently in progress and nearing completion.
- Writing articles for Buffalo's six inner-ring suburbs—a lower-priority project than the above, but still quite necessary in that places need to be found for suburban attractions now contained in the undistricted Buffalo article. Articles currently exist, but in outline form.
- Translating the articles for which I am a Docent into French and Spanish for fr: and es:—these are low-priority projects that I will most likely not begin on until after the above two are complete.
- Writing itineraries for self-guided tours through some of Buffalo's more interesting neighborhoods, such as downtown, Elevator Alley, Allentown, and the Delaware District—another low-priority project.
Recent Travel Experiences of Note
- December 2012—Birmingham, Alabama.
- June-July 2012—Québec: Montréal, the Laurentides, Québec City, Côte de Beaupré, Île d'Orléans, Bas-Saint-Laurent, La Gaspésie; Ontario: Ottawa.
- October 2011—Rust Belt Super Spectacular: Northwest Pennsylvania, northern Ohio, Detroit area, Southwestern Ontario.
Future Travel Plans
- June-July 2014—Ontario: Sauble Beach and the Bruce Peninsula, Georgian Bay, and Northern Ontario including Sudbury and the north shore of Lake Superior; Manitoba: Winnipeg and Grand Beach
- late summer/early fall 2014 (possibly)—elsewhere in Manitoba
I am the docent of the Wikivoyage articles on Buffalo, New York and Clarence, New York, with more to come in the future. In addition to this, I have a good working knowledge of the Niagara Frontier region of New York State (in particular Erie and Niagara Counties), the Regional Municipality of Niagara in Ontario, and (of course) Québec. Any fellow Wikivoyagers who need information or assistance on these topics are encouraged to leave me a message on my Talk page.