Greetings. My name is André Carrotflower. I got my start at the old site, as many of us did, and now I am pleased to be here on Wikivoyage.
"André" is a Gallicization of my given name, Andrew (language, and the French language in particular, is my area of academic study). I use "Carrotflower" in homage to this.
I'm a native of Williamsville, New York who currently resides in the Lower West Side of Buffalo. In my spare time, I am also an amateur photographer; some of my work can be found gracing the pages to which I've contributed.
Completed Wikivoyage Projects
- Districting the Buffalo, New York article into seven districts in advance of its term as Destination of the Month — completed May 31, 2015; Buffalo was DotM in June 2015.
Ongoing Wikivoyage Projects
- Merging translated information from fr:Gaspésie into Gaspé Peninsula with an eye to featuring the latter as OtBP — in progress, goal for completion is summer 2018.
- Writing itineraries for self-guided tours through some of Buffalo's more interesting neighborhoods, such as downtown, Elevator Alley, Allentown, and the Delaware District — Historic Churches of Buffalo's East Side completed in tandem with Buffalo/East Side on May 31, 2015; others forthcoming.
- Writing articles for Buffalo's six inner-ring suburbs — articles currently exist, but in outline form.
Future Wikivoyage Projects
- Writing an itinerary article for Kenora's Heritage Townscape Murals using photographs I took from my visit there in 2015 — goal for completion is summer 2018, with a view to an FTT nomination
- Reorganizing Buffalo's district articles, further subdividing the current seven overlong district articles (see below) — goal for completion is summer 2019, with a view to a Buffalo district article as OtBP
- Translating the articles for which I am a Docent into French and Spanish for fr: and es: — no particular target date for completion
Recent Travel Experiences of Note
- January 2017 — New York City again.
- September 2016 — Triumphant return to Montréal.
- July 2015 — Ontario: Sauble Beach and the Bruce Peninsula, Georgian Bay, and Northern Ontario including Sudbury and the north shore of Lakes Huron and Superior; Manitoba: Winnipeg and Grand Beach; various places in the U.S. Midwest
- December 2012 — Birmingham, Alabama.
- June-July 2012 — Québec: Montréal, the Laurentides, Québec City, Côte de Beaupré, Île d'Orléans, Bas-Saint-Laurent, Gaspé Peninsula; Ontario: Ottawa.
- October 2011 — Rust Belt Super Spectacular: Northwest Pennsylvania, northern Ohio, Detroit area, Southwestern Ontario.
- July 2010 — New York City and Long Island.
Future Travel Plans
- May 2018 — New England in some form or fashion.
- Late summer/early autumn 2018 — Trans-Atlantic debut: Galicia, Basque Country, La Rioja, Andorra, and Catalonia, plus a side trip to Bordeaux.
I am the docent of the Wikivoyage articles on Buffalo, New York (and its districts) and Clarence, New York, with more to come in the future. In addition to this, I have a good working knowledge of the Niagara Frontier region of New York State (in particular Erie and Niagara Counties), the Regional Municipality of Niagara in Ontario, and (of course) Québec. Any fellow Wikivoyagers who need information or assistance on these topics are encouraged to leave me a message on my Talk page.
Links for my own use
- User:AndreCarrotflower/To-Do List — listings, etc. to be added to Buffalo and/or district articles
- User:AndreCarrotflower/New Carlisle — to be added to Paspébiac#Go next after creation of that article
- User:AndreCarrotflower/Buffalo Districts Reorganization — see above
- User:AndreCarrotflower/Future articles to create — self-explanatory