Archangelos (Arhangelos) is a town on the island of Rhodes, Greece. It is approximately mid way between Lindos in the south and Faliraki to the north. It is serviced by the highway running down the east coast of the island
A peaceful place perfect for families which travelling with children. Great hospitality from the locals which are ready to help you in any case.
Rhodes Town—Arhangelos departs- 06:45, 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:30, 13:00, 14:30, 15:00, 16:30, 18:00, 19:30, 21:15
Arhangelos—Rhodes Town departs - 06:20, 06:40*, 07:20, 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 11:20, 11:50, 12:35, 13:30, 15:00, 15:50, 16:50, 17:35, 18:20, 19:35,
Price: €3.00 1 way
By car, or walk around. It's not that big.
- Church of the Saint Micheal Archangel Closed until 5PM.
- Castle of Saint John ruins
- Cave of Koumellos
- Epta piges 7 springs A few km north of the town and a little inland behind Tsampika beach.
- Panagia Tsampika Monastery, monastery north of town with a nearby hill station from which you can enjoy grand views of Tsampika Beach and beyond.
- Tsampika beach
- Stegna beach
- Agathi beach
Reasonable prices at local supermarkets.
- Bonis Ceramics, EO Rodou Lindou, ☏ . Wonderful, traditionally made, wheel thrown, hand glazed pottery.
- Porto Angeli Hotel (hotels, accommodations). ls a good place to stay.
- Alpha Stegna Sun (Near Stegna Beach), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Studios and apartments for long or short stays. Family run, right near Stegna Beach. A/C, beautiful garden and balconies surrounding the rooms.
- 1 Porto Angeli Hotel, Stegna Beach, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: noon. 5 star resort. From €90.
- Haraki mare studios & aparts (Approximately halfway between Archangelos and Lindos on the mid east coast of the island. 2 km from main coastal hwy. Bus sets down in the centre of Haraki), ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Double rooms, studios and apartments-€35-68.
- Afandou - One of the big villages on the island. The golf course of Rhodes is situated in this area along with a long beach
- Faliraki Rhodes' "action resort". Go there to party, everything else is better somewhere else - although the hotels north from Faliraki are much quieter. Nice beaches, not as windy as on the west coast and served by good public transport. Hotels near the water park are family friendly and not so popular with the 'clubbers'.
- Rhodes Old Town The biggest city on the island and seat of the local government, also the oldest inhabited medieval town in Europe.