Jump to navigation Jump to search
Haveri is a district in Karnataka State.
The important towns and villages in Haveri District are:
- Haveri: The district's administrative, culture and political headquarters. It is also famous for its elaichi(cardamom), cattle markets, oil mills and cotton markets. Haveri is also known for "Haveri Nyaya", a typical method of settling the disputes.
- Savanur: famous for mausoleums of many Sufi saints and resting palace of erstwhile nizam.
- Haunsabhavi - Famous place for education (Mruthyunjaya vidya peeta).
- Hangal - Taluk headquarters. Place of the Tarkeshawar temple.
- Akki-Alur - Rice bowl of Haveri District. Famous for its lake and gardens.
- Kumar Pattanam - Place of Birla industries on the bank of the river Tungabhadra.
- Byadgi - Famous for Byadgi chilli.
- Ranebennur - Important trade centre in central Karnataka.
- Rattihalli - Place of the Kadambeshwar temple.
- Bankapura - Notified as Bankapur Conservation Reserve offering a safe haven for peacocks.
- Kaginele - Kaginele Kanaka Guru Peetha, a religious institution dedicated to sage Kanakadasa is present here.