Hemet is served by Riverside Transit Agency (RTA) routes 27 and 212, feeding from metropolitan Riverside. Amtrak also offers bus feeder service into Hemet, when you ride an Amtrak line.
- Hemet Museum (Hemet Depot), 100 W. Florida Ave, ☎ . Tu-Su 11AM-3PM. A small museum located in a historic railroad depot showcasing the history of the town of Hemet.
- Western Science Center, 2345 Searl Parkway, ☎ . Tu-Sun 10AM-5PM. The Science Center presents archaeological and paleontological artifacts and fossils including Max and Xena, mastadon and mammoth fossils uncovered during the excavation of Diamond Lake. Adult: $8, Youth (5-12): $6, under 5: Free.
- Historic Hemet Theater, 216 E. Florida Ave. Hemet, CA 92543, USA (On the corner of Florida Avenue and North Camalita Street in the Downtown District), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Historic Hemet Theater was built in 1917, and opened its doors in 1921. It is one of the first buildings in Hemet to have been built with poured cement, making it fire and earthquake proof — a quality that came in handy when the corner building caught fire in 2011. The theater is non-profit: all proceeds go directly to restorative purposes. Their Facebook page is regularly updated with current events and film showings. General Admission $8 Military/Student/Senior $6.
- Taco Shop. If food is to be had in Hemet, Taco Shop should be your stop.
- Best Western Inn of Hemet, 2625 W Florida Ave, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: +1 951 925-7095.
- Quality Inn, Hemet Hotels, 1201 W Florida Ave, ☎ , fax: +1 951 766-7739.
- Motel 6, 3885 West Florida Ave, ☎ , fax: +1 951 925-3716.
- Vagabond Inn Hemet, 2688 East Florida Ave., fax: +1 951 765-2845. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM.
Hemet has had an increasing drugs and crime problem caused in large part by the weak local economy (causing many locals to jokingly refer to their town as "Hemeth"). Tourists are, as a rule, not targeted, but it would still be wise to exercise caution in the city center and the neighbourhood to the west of it after dark and steer clear of motorcycle gangs at all times.
Idyllwild is a mountain resort 30 minutes by car from Hemet.