Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Heraklion (Greek: Ηράκλειον) — the largest city with the archaeological highlight Knossos.
- 2 Chersonissos (Greek: Χερσόνησος) — Also known as Hersonissos is a blissful harbour town in winter and party capital of Crete in summer.
- 3 Malia (Greek: Μάλια) — crowded tourist mecca popular mostly with young, especially British, visitors.
- 4 Matala (Greek: Μάταλα) — A popular tourist destination discovered by the Hippies longtime ago.
- 5 Kali Limenes (Greek: Καλοί Λιμένες) — A bunkering spot for ships.
- 6 Lentas (Greek: Λέντας) — A small seaside resort whose beaches are suitable for camping and naturism.
- 1 Knossos (Greek: Κνωσός) — The most visited archaeological site in Crete associated with the myth of Theseus and the Minotaur.
- 2 Phaistos (Greek: Φαιστός) — One of the most important centres of Minoan civilization
- 3 Tsoutsouros (Greek: Τσούτσουρος) — A cute fisherman's hamlet located on the southern coast
- Epano Vatheia — the old church of Saint Antony, with remains of murals.