Hisar (हिसार) is a district and divisional headquarter city in the state of Haryana in India.
Originating and radially spreading from Rakhi Garhi, Hisar is the cradle of 8000 years old Indus Valley Civilization, that is also the home of Ashoka's pillar, Feroz Shah's fort complex, museums, 3 universities and centre of steel production. It is in the heart of the triangle of national capital Delhi, state capital Chandigarh and Rajasthan's historic capital Jaipur. It is easily accessible as a good stopover. It is in the jat heartland of brave soldiers, rustic farmers, renowned educators (3 universities) and India's richest businesses (Jindal Group and Zee Group). It retains a small town charm with all the affordable modern facilities without the big city price tag.
Hisar has the typical north Indian climate, almost the same as that of Delhi: expect cold, foggy winters, drenching monsoons and scorching hot, dusty summers. Winter runs from early November till mid-February; usually January is the coldest month. In winters, temperatures may even drop to –2 °C. In March and April the temperature is pleasant. The summer starts in May and goes till July, with temperatures exceeding 40 °C at times. The heat is broken by the monsoon in mid-July, which pours rain until mid-September.
- Delhi, 170 km, buses available from ISBT, Delhi in every 5-10 minutes.
- Chandigarh, 237 km, buses available from the main bus stop.
- Jaipur, 380 km, buses available every hour.
- Delhi, three trains daily: Gorkhdham Express, Kissan Express and Haryana Express (Sirsa Express)
- Bathinda, one train daily: Sirsa Express
- Jaipur, two express trains twice a week and one passenger train daily
- Mumbai, one express train weekly
- Jammu, one express train weekly
- 1 Hisar Airport (HSS IATA) (5 km NE of city centre). There are plans to operate it as an international airport, but as of 2019 only Spicejet Airlines from Chandigarh
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, 170 km
Auto rickshaws are easily available from the early morning till late at night. After business hours, auto rickshaws can still be found at the bus station, railway station and major roundabouts.
- Agroha Dhaam
- Agroha Mound
- Guru Jambheshwar University
- Rakhi Garhi IVS site
- Sai Temple Sec 13
- Sati Mandir Sec 16,17
- Ladwa Gaushala and Cancer Hospital Village Ladwa
- 1 Firoz Shah Palace Complex, Shastri Nagar (opposite Bus Stand NH 10). Built by the Tughlaq Dynasty of the Delhi Sultanate in 1394, the palace is made from red sandstone and is an example of Seljuk architecture.
Parks and lakes
- 2 Blue Bird Lake. An important point for several migratory birds.
- 3 Deer Park. A 19-hectare (48-acre) park containing 20 blackbucks, 16 chital spotted deer and six sambar A part of the park is reserved for fodder.
- 4 Shatavar Vatika Herbal Park, Dhansu Rd (next to the Deer Park). A park which preserves many endangered species of herbs used in Ayurvedic medicine.
- Town Park
- Gujri Mahal and Site Museum
- Haryana Rural Antique Museum, Haryana Agricultural University.
- Jahaj Kothi Zonal Museum.
- MG Cinema, Bypass Road
- Suncity Mall, Delhi Road
- Water park in summers
- Gajarpak, special carrot-based condensed milk pudding of Hisar
- Haryana Handloom and Khadi products near Nagori Gate
- Peda, special condensed milk sweet of Hisar
- Tailor made clothes
- Traditional Jutti
- Banarasi Dass Halwai for special sweets from the 18th century, famous for Malpura, Rabri and Gajarpaak
- Dominos Pizza
- Imarti from Goswami Sweets Nagori Gate.
- Lazeez Restaurant for lunch and dinner North Indian and Italian dishes
- Pahuja Juice for South Indian and Chinese foods speciality
- Ram chat Bhandar for street food tastes like Aalooo lachha tokri
- PLA Market street for variety spicy foods, such as Panner Tikka, Soya Chaap, hot dog and Mommos
- Volga Bakery for instant baked superior quality foods, snacks, baked products and pizzas
- For non-vegetarian cuisine, there are few very good places, including Avinash Chicken Corner at Camp Chowk and another at Kabab PLA market.
- Lassi Malai maar kr from Kalu Lasi wala at Parijat chowk
- Rabri Glass from Ram Chat bhandar
- Hot milk (only available in evening) at Goswami Sweets Nagori gate
- Aggarsen Bhavan, Green Square Market, A/C room from ₹800
- Govind Palace, Sec 15, A/C room from ₹800
- Hotel Grace, A/C room from ₹2000
- Hotel Palki, Red Square Market, A/C room from ₹1000