Homa Bay is a city in western Kenya located on the southern shore of Lake Victoria. It lies at an altitude of 1,131 m and is the headquarters of Homa Bay County. Its population is about 32,000 people.
The climate in Homa Bay is dry, with two wet seasons per year. The main rain season is from March to May. Short rainfalls take place between September and November each year. The total rainfall each year is about 1180 mm and the average temperature is around 26-28 °C.
Easy Coach bus to Nairobi takes 8 hours. A bus to Kericho 4 hours, to Mbita 1½ hours, and to Kisumu 3 hours.
- Its 58 km from Homa Bay to Kisii
It's a small town - you can walk to most places.
- Asego Hill (just beyond the town). Takes about one hour to walk up.
- Ruma National Park.
- Kenya Commercial Bank. Has a Mastercard/Visa Card ATM.
- Shivling Supermarket, C 19 Road. 8am-7pm. Has most of what you might need.
- Homa Bay Supermarket Ltd, C19 Road (town center). 7.30am-6.30pm. large supermarket which has most things. lower prices.
- Equity Bank (Lore Plaza). 24 hour atm. has a master card atm.
- Littie Nike Guest House, ☏ . Single/double rooms. from Ksh 900.
- Bay Lodge. Single rooms. Ksh 900.
- Asego Stores Summer Bay (next to Mosque, opposite KCB bank.), ☏ . Single/double room. From Ksh 1100.
- Sheraton Guest House, behind the matatu stage., ☏ . Single/double rooms. from Ksh 1000.
- Ruma Tourist Lodge. (backing on to a Total station.), ☏ . Single/double rooms. from Ksh 1,100.
Mbita town and Rusinga island.