Jump to navigation Jump to search
Homa Bay is in western Kenya.
Easy Coach bus to Nairobi takes 8 hours. A bus to Kericho 4 hours, to Mbita 1½ hours, and to Kisumu 3 hours.
- Its 58 km from Homa Bay to Kisii
It's a small town - you can walk to most places.
- Asego Hill (just beyond the town). Takes about one hour to walk up.
- Ruma National Park.
- Kenya Commercial Bank. Has a Mastercard/Visa Card ATM.
- Shivling Supermarket, C 19 Road. 8am-7pm. Has most of what you might need.
- Homa Bay Supermarket Ltd, C19 Road (town center). 7.30am-6.30pm. large supermarket which has most things. lower prices.
- Equity Bank (Lore Plaza). 24 hour atm. has a master card atm.
- Littie Nike Guest House, ☏ . Single/double rooms. from Ksh 900.
- Bay Lodge. Single rooms. Ksh 900.
- Asego Stores Summer Bay (next to Mosque, opposite KCB bank.), ☏ . Single/double room. From Ksh 1100.
- Sheraton Guest House, behide the matatu stage., ☏ . Single/double rooms. from Ksh 1000.
- Ruma Tourist Lodge. (backing on to a Total station.), ☏ . Single/double rooms. from Ksh 1,100.
Mbita town and Rusinga island.