North America > United States of America > South (United States of America) > Alabama > Metropolitan Alabama > Hoover
Hoover is a city in the Birmingham urban area in Metropolitan Alabama, south of central Birmingham. While most nearby attractions in the area are in the city of Birmingham, Hoover is an important shopping/retail area.
Interstates 459 and 65 have a major interchange in Hoover. Also, US routes 31 and 280 run through the city.
Birmingham International Airport in nearby Birmingham, with multiple airlines servicing nonstop flights to and from cities such as Atlanta, Dallas, Charlotte, New York City, and Chicago. To get from there to Hoover, the preferred route is Interstate 59 to Interstate 459 south, which leads directly to Hoover.
The only way to get around within the city is by car. Primary local roads include US Route 31, State Route 150, Lorna Road, Valleydale Road and US Route 280 (in the far east).
- Riverchase Galleria, 3000 Riverchase Galleria, ☏ . M-Th 10AM-9PM, F-Sa 10AM-10PM, Su 11AM-6PM. Riverchase Galleria is one of the largest indoor shopping malls in the United States. Anchor stores include Sears, Macy, Belk, JCPenney, and a future Nordstrom.
- Patton Creek Shopping Center, 100 Main Street, ☏ . Patton Creek contains 300 acres of retail, dining and entertainment, including a Rave movie theater. It is built with a "Main Street"-type feeling.
- Sumo Japanese Steakhouse, 151 Main Street (Patton Creek).
- J. Alexander's, 3320 Riverchase Galleria.
- Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover, 2725 John Hawkins Parkway, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12PM. An upscale all-suites extended-stay hotel with kitchens, free hot breakfast, free WiFi, and Birmingham vacation packages. $109.
- Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa, 4000 Grand Ave, toll-free: . A golf resort along the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, with 20,000 square feet of function space.
- Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, 2980 John Hawkins Parkway, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. A hotel featuring 126 guest rooms and suites, free hot breakfast, free wifi, and 24 hour onsite dining.
|Routes through Hoover|
|Nashville ← Birmingham ←||N S||→ Clanton → Montgomery|