Huizhou is a city in Guangdong.
The sight of Huizhou to the average traveller invariably arouses surprise. Some 40 miles north of Shenzhen, in verdant, tropical countryside, a common reaction is "Where did this place come from?" Until comparatively recently (the 1980's) Huizhou was a sleepy Guangdong town on the Pearl River Delta. It has since exploded with industry, attracting investment from Japanese, Korean, European and American companies. It is one of the most architecturally pleasing small cities in all of Guangdong, and one of the very richest. CIA reports citing it as the de-facto HQ for all organized crime in Hong Kong and Guangdong may go some way to explaining the many sumptuous housing developments here, as well as the plethora of Porsches, five-star hotels and other indicators of high-end living. Huizhou is where the triad crime bosses come to dialogue and chill. Something of an anomaly within mainland China, this is a city that answers to no-one and those who live here have definite reasons for doing so.
Huizhou is well served by highways linking it with Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. The Hong Kong border is just an hour and half's bus ride away. The city has a couple railway stations (Huizhou Station and Huizhou West Station - Huizhou South station is nowhere near downtown) linking it with many cities around China.There are plans afoot to link Huizhou by high-speed underground train with Shenzhen, which will effectively provide the city with a rapid-transit link to downtown Hong Kong.
If you get off the plane from Shenzhen airport, you can get here by Intercity Bus. The eariest bus begins at 07:10 am(beijing time). It will take you about 1.5 hours.
The main bus station (Huizhou coach terminal) has regular buses to Guangzhou Tianhe (¥64, 2hrs 30mins), Shenzhen Louhu (¥50, 1hr 20mins) and many other cities in the province.
There are also direct but less frequent coaches to Hong Kong which can be cheaper than getting the bus to the border then the mtr. These pick up at hotels in Huizhou rather than the bus station.
Huizhou has a comprehensive, clean and cheap bus system. Most bus rides cost a flat rate of 2rmb, just drop your notes/coins into the box (no change given). Taxis are everywhere. Flagfall for regular taxis is 5RMB (about 1 US dollar) or for the more opulent Kande Hotel Taxis which operate throughout the city, 8RMB.
- Golden Bay (Xun Liao Wan) (金海湾（巽竂湾）). Bay ( Sunda Liao Bay ) is located in Huidong County Ping Town South, is located south of the Tropic of cancer, the South China Sea in the east of Dayawan, Banghai mountain, hill sea facies block, Haitian blend.
- Beach Spa (海滨温泉). The hot springs recreation area to the marine culture as the theme, more than 72 kinds of size, function is an open-air hot spring pool, dotted in the coastal garden : a warm and romantic couples pool house; there are all kinds of fitness adjustable feeding health spa, in the health area of sea turtles in the stomach bubble Long Quan, also can hide in the big gourd enjoy traditional Chinese medicine bath, also can be in the big pot enjoy tea bath; and the spa area is more popular, is the good place with beauty.
- Luofu Mountain (罗浮山).
- Huizhou West Lake (惠州西湖). The beautiful, seventeenth-century West Lake, complete with pagoda and gardens.
- Nankun Mountain National Forest Park (南昆山国家森林公园).
- Wing Kee Farm Park (永记生态园).
Hakka is the main language spoken in Huizhou, though many locals also speak Cantonese due to its proximity to Cantonese-speaking cities in the Pearl River Delta. As with elsewhere in mainland China, Mandarin is the official language, and spoken by most younger locals.
Huizhou has no shortage of Japanese and western restaurants. Traditional Chinese food can be sampled on every corner. Hong Kong/Canton food is for obvious reasons especially popular with the locals. For those self-catering, Park'n'Shop, Vanguard and Walmart have a wide selection of western foods.
The English Bar and Relax Bar (both on the river) are very popular with expats and serve imported draft beers and liquors. The cocktail bar at the 5 star Kande Hotel (West Lake) is another popular hangout for expats.
- 1 Homeland International Hotel, No.3 Zhongshan 4th Road, Danshui Town, Huiyang District, Huizhou 516211. Over. The. Top.
- Jinhai Resort (惠东巽寮金海湾度假酒店). The Jinhai Resort (Huidong Xunliao Jinhaiwan Dujiajiudian) is located in Songyuan Bay at the foot of a mountain by the sea. This Huizhou resort features sandy beach. Guests have plenty of activities to keep them busy with yachting, shell picking, diving, beach volleyball, fishing, bonfire and karaoke.