Huntingdon Valley is a metropolitan area in Montgomery County. It is a suburb of Philadelphia along Huntingdon Pike (Pennsylvania Route 232) with about 22,000 residents.
Early settlements and mills were built in the region along the Pennypack Creek. The Fetter's Mill Village Historic District is in the valley through which the Pennypack Creek flows. The area surrounding the original village was very rural up until the latter half of the 20th century.
|Climate chart (explanation)|
SEPTA - Northeast provides easy regional rail access Huntingdon Valley with many train stations throughout the area. By bus there are buses from the city of Philadelphia travel in and around the Huntingdon Valley area as well, if you have your own wheels you can reach Huntingdon Valley by car by route 611 or the Pennsylvania turnpike exiting at Willow Grove/Abington.
The nearest airport is Philadelphia International Airport Just an hour drive from Huntingdon Valley. SEPTA as well has a regional rail reaching the Philadelphia International Airport.
- Lady Washington Inn, 2550 Huntington Pike. A historic inn and tavern building. The first lady, Martha Washington, is believed to have stayed here while George Washington was at Valley Forge. It was built in three sections in 1761, about 1788–1785, and about 1850–1875. It is a 2½-story, stuccoed stone and frame building with a gable roof and frame rear addition. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
- Glencairn Museum, 1001 Cathedral Road, Bryn Athyn, ☏ . The history of world religions comes to life through this museum's extensive collection of art and artifacts from different cultures and time period
- Bryn Athyn Cathedral, Bryn Athyn. On a hill overlooking the picturesque Pennypack Creek Valley in the borough of Bryn Athyn. Since its dedication in 1919, it has been the central place of worship for the Bryn Athyn Church and a gathering place for members of the New Church throughout the world.
- Lorimer State Park, 183 Moredon Rd, ☏ , . A haven for wildlife, this 230-acre park features activities including hiking, picnicking, bird and animal watching. Sledding and cross-country skiing in the winter.
- [dead link] Philmont Country Club, Philmont & Tomlinson Roads, ☏ . North and South course, 18 holes.
- Riding holidays, 2425 Edge Hill Rd, ☏ . Horseback riding.
- Valley Swim Club, 22 Tomlinson Rd, ☏ .
- Beat Street, 77 Buck Rd, ☏ . Teen nightclub. Tickets purchased M-Th $12, F $15.
- Justa Farm Shopping Center, County Line Rd.
- Willow Grove Park Mall. The nearest indoor shopping mall is in Willow Grove, PA. Willow Grove Park Mall is a 10-minute drive from the area of Huntingdon Valley.
- The Marketplace at Huntingdon Valley, 2010 County Line Rd (At Davisville Road). More than 40 popular retail stores and eateries, include Weis Markets, Rite Aid, LA Fitness, New Image Med Spa, Sears Hardware, Wine & Spirits Shoppe, Cookies By Design, Hallmark, Mandee, Hair Cuttery, Rita's, Pet Valu, Radio Shack, GNC, Starbucks, Juice Zone, Dunkin' Donuts, and Bertucci’s Brick Oven Pizza.
- New Wild Ginger, Justa Farm Shopping Centre, ☏ . M-F 11AM-10PM; F Sa 11AM-10:30PM; Su noon-9:30PM. Chinese, Thai, Japanese, vegetarian menus main $9-14.
- Illiano's Pizza & Italian Restaurant, 2072 County Line Rd., ☏ . Italian cuisine, pizza, salads. Average entree: $7.99
- All Ways Café, 634 Welsh Rd, ☏ . Health-oriented food, great choice for vegetarians!
- Ben & Irvs Restaurant & Deli, 1962 County Line Rd, ☏ .
- Bertuccis, 2190 County Line Rd, ☏ . Brick oven pizzeria.
- Calloways:, County Line Rd, ☏ . Sports bar and restaurant, party room available.
- Giuseppes Pizza & Family Rest, 1918 County Line Rd, ☏ .
- Oriental Pearl, 2160 County Line Rd., ☏ . Cuisine: Chinese.
- Ricardos Restaurant, 20 Fetters Mill Sq, ☏ . Cuisine: Portuguese, Spanish, Italian and brick oven pizza.
- Stefanos Ristorante Italiano ☏ , 2519 Huntingdon Pike.
- Calloways Restaurant and Bar, 1902 Countyline Road,.
- [dead link] Tin Pan Alley Tavern (formerly Bethayres Tavern), 2231 Huntingdon Pike, ☏ . The tavern is a Victorian home built around 1890. A few years later it became Hornung's Bar and Restaurant. In 1937 it was named Bethayres Tavern. Burgers $7-9, pizzas $5-8, sandwiches $5-8.50.
Huntingdon Valley is primarily residential, however there are many hotels in the vicinity.
- Korman Residential Meadowbrook, 167 Meadowbrook Dr, Huntingdon Valley, ☏ . Minimum stay 30 days. Outdoor pool, lighted tennis court, universal weight equipment, golf course, furnished and unfurnished apartments available. Washer/dryer. Fireplace available. Small pets welcome. Monthly rates available. Easy access to I-95, PA Tpk and New Jersey.
- Breen's Huntington Inn 704 Huntingdon Pike, Rockledge, PA (3.1 miles away), ☏
- Ramada-Philadelphia Northeast 11580 Roosevelt Blvd, Philadelphia, PA (3.45 miles away), ☏
- Four Points-Philadelphia NE 9461 Roosevelt Blvd, Philadelphia, PA (3.47 miles away), ☏
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Willow Grove 1500 Easton Road, Willow Grove, PA (4 miles away), ☏
- SpringHill Suites 2480 Maryland Road, Willow Grove, PA (4.43 miles away), ☏
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia-Bucks County 4700 Street Rd, Feasterville Trevose, PA (4.45 miles away), ☏
- Courtyard-Willow Grove - 2350 Easton Rd # 611, Willow Grove, PA (4.47 miles away), ☏