Jump to navigation Jump to search
Huron is a city of 13,000 people (2019) in Beadle County, South Dakota.
- 1 Huron Regional Airport ((HON IATA), also known as Howes Airport). Has been a general aviation airport since 2016 when the last commercial airline, Great Lakes Airlines, ended scheduled service. During 2015, 1,920 commercial passengers used the airport. Terminal parking is free.
- World's Largest Pheasant. Highway 14 east of town atop the Huron Liquor Store.
- 1 Splash Central Water Park, 345 9th Street SW, ☏ . 12:15PM - 8PM. Built in 2013 on the grounds of the former Huron University, Splash Central Water Park has three water slides, a water obstacle course, an Olympic lap pool, a wading pool, and a 400-foot (121-meter) artificial float tube river. $10.
- Ringneck Festival & Bird Dog Challenge, ☏ , email@example.com. Teams from many states compete in this trial for upland bird-hunting dogs.
- South Dakota State Fair, 890 3rd St SW, toll-free: , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. Food, rides, shows, competitions - this state fair on the Great Plains has it all. Late August 30 to early September.
- Prime Time Tavern, 2110 Dakota Ave. S, ☏ . Legendary steakhouse and tavern. There are only four items on the menu and they are all steak. All steaks come with a wedge salad with ranch dressing, baked potato and bread. If you ask for any kind of dressing other than ranch the waitress will likely say "You know, our blue cheese tastes a lot like ranch." Very affordable. Great happy hour prices ($3 margaritas).
- Thunderbird Liquors, 1949 Dakota Ave S., ☏ . It's a liquor store that happens to also be a bar. If they sell it you can drink it on the spot. Reasonable prices.
The area code for Huron is 605.
|Routes through Huron|
|Pierre ← Miller ←||W E||→ De Smet → Brookings|