Husseren-les-Châteaux is in the foothills of the Vosges mountains, 6 km south of Colmar in the heart of Alsace. It is the highest wine village on the Alsacian wine road.
The village of Husseren les Châteaux counts a little more than 400 inhabitants of which more than twenty families are independent wine-growers. The small streets, the church (its statue of Saint Pancrace XIV and its Rinkenback org from 1890) and the typical half-timbered houses constitute a nice little walk ending in the vineyards or the forest, it all offering a splendid panoramic view on the Alsatian vineyard, open country and the Black Forest.
Husseren-les-Châteaux is named after the ruins of the castles on the top of the mountain. The village contains a hotel resort with an à la carte restaurant.