Ibaraki (茨木) is a city in Osaka (prefecture). It is a suburban city of Osaka city and a part of Kyoto-Osaka-Kobe metropolitan area. Literally Ibaraki in English means Wild Trees or Thorny trees.
Ibaraki is a station on the JR Kyoto Line, served by local and rapid trains. From the shinkansen hub at Shin-Osaka, trains reach Ibaraki in an average of 10 minutes (¥210). From Kyoto Station, trains reach Ibaraki in about 30 minutes (¥450). Note that some trains from Kyoto may be classified as "Local" trains, changing to "Rapid" en route, but this does not affect trips to Ibaraki station.
The private Hankyu Railway serves a few stations in Ibaraki, the major one being Ibaraki-shi Station, about a kilometer east of the JR station. Most Hankyu trains on the Hankyu Kyoto Line stop here. Trains run from Osaka's Umeda station in about 20 minutes (¥260), and Limited Express trains run from central Kyoto's Kawaramachi Station in 26 minutes (¥310). To the south of Ibaraki-shi Station on the Hankyu is Minami-Ibaraki Station, which is a transfer point for the Osaka Monorail to/from Osaka Itami Airport.
- Kawabata Yasunari Museum of Literature (Ibaraki Municipal Kawabata Literature Memorial Hall), 2-11-25 Kamichujo (15-min walk from Hankyu Ibaraki-shi station, 20-min walk from JR Ibaraki station), ☏ . 09:00-17:00. On display are about 400 items including books authored by Kawabata, his personal belongings, letters, manuscripts and calligraphic works as well as photographs and videos that shed light on the author's career. ¥200.
- Ibaraki History Museum (茨木市立文化財資料館), 東奈良三丁目12-18 (5-min walk from Minami-Ibaraki Hankyu station), ☏ . Tu-Su 09:00-17:00, M 09:00-12:00. On display are artifacts belonging to the cultural history of Ibaraki such as bronze bells, earthenware, ancient documents, etc. ¥200.
- Church of Light (茨木春日丘教会 Ibaraki Kasuga-oka Kyoukai) (From JR Ibaraki station take Kintetsu-bus to Kasugaoka-koen bus stop (10 min).), ☏ , email@example.com. Sunday worship service begins at 10:25. Church is open by reservation Su 15:00-18:00, M Tu Th-Sa 10:00-18:00. Tadao Ando-designed modern architecture (1989). Call or email for reservations to see the church outside of normal hours.
- Aeon Mall Ibaraki (5-min walk from JR Ibaraki station). 09:00-22:00. A wide variety of stores, incl. Saty, Vivre, Warner Bros Cinema, Konami Sports Club.
Most restaurants are located around the axis connecting the JR Ibaraki and Hankyu Ibaraki-shi stations.
- Ramen Kiraku (ラーメン喜楽), 大阪府茨木市別院町４−１６ (5-min walk from Ibaraki-shi Hankyu station), ☏ . Cheap small ramen restaurant run by two old women. Prices start from ¥250 for ramen. ¥250-500.
Most hotels in Ibaraki are business hotels in the neighborhood of JR Ibaraki station. Prices start from ¥6000 per room.
- Hotel Crest Ibaraki, 大阪府茨木市松ヶ本町1-8 (2-min walk from JR Ibaraki station), ☏ . Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. ¥6000.
- Hotel Crest Dio, 大阪府茨木市駅前1-3-2 (2-min walk from JR Ibaraki station), ☏ . Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. ¥6000.
- Ibaraki Central Hotel (茨木セントラルホテル), 大阪府 茨木市西駅前町14-8 (5-min walk from JR Ibaraki station), ☏ . ¥5000.
|Routes through Ibaraki|
|Nishinomiya ← Suita ←||W E||→ Kyoto|