Ibiza is the major settlement on the eponymous island in Spain. "Ibiza" is the Spanish name; in Catalan, it is known as Eivissa. The locals call it Vila for short. Ibiza is widely known and visited for its exciting nightlife.
The town is divided into two main parts: the old town, called the Dalt Vila (literally "Upper Town"), which is on a little mountain by the sea, and the modern part, called the Eixample ("extension").
The city, which has a population of about 50,000 (2019), is the capital and most populous settlement of the island and of the Pine Islands group, which includes Ibiza and Formentera.
Tourist Offices of the City Council:
- 1 O.I.T. La Cúria (Tourist Office), Plaça de la Catedral, ☏ , email@example.com. Daily 10:00-14:00.
- 2 O.I.T. Parc de la Pau. M-Sa 10:00-14:00.
- 3 O.I.T. Harbour of Ibiza, Avinguda de les Andanes. M-Sa 17:00-20:00.
See Ibiza Airport for details.
- 4 Estación Marítima Ibiza Formentera (Ferry terminal), Avinguda de Santa Eulària des Riu, 100A. See Ibiza By boat for details.
There is no left luggage service at the Ibiza port, but there are a few ones could be found in the city. Perhaps the nearest one is:
- 5 [dead link] Consigna Ibiza (left luggage), Avenida Santa Eulalia, 25-27 (across the road from the Estación Marítima Ibiza Formentera), ☏ . 09:00 - 21:00.
The bus hub [dead link] (a series of bus stops) of Ibiza town is located along the Avenida d'Isidor Macabich:
- 6 Stop A (Parada A). lines 3, 13
- 7 Stop B (Parada B). lines 10, 12, 15, 35
- 8 Stop C (Parada C). lines 8, 14, 26, 38, 42, 45
The old walled city at the top of the hill.
- 1 Catedral de la Verge de les Neus o d'Eivissa (Catedral de Nuestra Señora de las Nieves), Plaça de la Catedral. Sep-Jun: Tu-Su 10:00-14:00, 17:00-20:00; Jul-Aug: Tu-Su 10:00-14:00, 18:00-21:00. Ibiza's cathedral's name can be translated as Cathedral of Our Lady of the Snows. It was built in the Catalan Gothic style in the 16th century.
- 2 Museu Puget (Puget Museum), C/ Mayor, 18. Jul-Aug: Tu-F 10:00-14:00, 18:00-21:00; Sa-Su 10:00-14:00. Apr-Jun Sep: Tu-F 10:00-14:00, 17:00-20:00; Sa-Su 10:00-14:00. Oct-Mar: Tu-F 10:00-16:30; Sa-Su 10:00-14:00. The collection of the museum consists of 130 paintings by Narcís Puget Viñas (1874–1960) and his son, Narcís Puget Riquer (1916–83). It's located at the old mansion with a courtyard. Free admission.
- 3 Baluard de Sant Jaume (Sant Jaume Bastion), Dalt Vila (Tucked away next to exit ramp). 10:00-14:00, 18:00-21:00. Wonderful hands-on exhibit of the military technology of the 16th to the 18th centuries. Wear armour, heft cannon balls, plot lines of fire. Exceptionally well done! Included.
- 4 Baluard de Sant Pere. There is yet another exhibition dedicated to cannons, artillery, etc.
- 5 Museu d'Art Contemporani (MACE), Ronda de Narcís Puget. The museum of modern arts.
- 6 Casa Broner. A modernist building, a former house of private home of architect Erwin Broner.
- On the second Sunday in May, it is common for a medieval festival to be held in the city of Ibiza to commemorate the proclamation of part of the city, and other assets, as a World Heritage Site.
- On August 5, the festival of Santa María, Our Lady of the Snows, patron saint of Ibiza , is celebrated.
- On August 8, the municipality's festival is celebrated in honour of San Ciriaco; it is also known as the day of the conquest.
- 1 Can Brodis, C/ de Catalunya, 4.
- 2 Cafetería Pepe, Av. d'Isidor Macabich, 23.
- 3 Pizza Dolce e Salato, Carrer de Felip II, 14.
- 4 The Green Market, Carrer de Castella, 5.
- 5 Sidreria Poma, Carrer de Jaume I, 10.
- 6 100 Montaditos, Carrer de Carles V.
Platja de ses Figueretes
- 7 Restaurant Zeta ! (Bar Z), Carrer de Navarra, 38.
- 8 Brasas nicole, Av. d'Espanya, 103.
- 9 Tamarind India, Carrer de Navarra, 41.
- 10 Bar Klaxon Paraguay, n°6,, Carrer d'Astúries.
- 11 Bar Infinity, Carrer de Navarra, 35.
- 12 El Pirata Puerto, Carrer de Cipriano Garijo, 10. Very good Pizza
- 13 CanTina, Carrer de Sant Cristòfol, 15.
- 14 Little Ibiza Restaurant and Bar, Passeig ses Pitiüses, 7.
- 15 el Local, Carrer del Bisbe Carrasco, 4.
- 16 Es Mercat Eivissa, Carrer de Sant Cristòfol, 16.
- 17 Lío Eivissa, Passeig Joan Carles I, 1.
- 18 Capuccino Marina Eivissa, Passeig Joan Carles I, 20.
- 19 Restaurante Sa Nansa Eivissa, Av. 8 d'Agost, 27.
Some of the island's most notable nightclubs include Pacha, Amnesia, Space, and Ushuaïa. These four nightclubs are regularly in the top three of DJ Magazine's annual top 100 global clubs' chart.
- Ibiza Grand Hotel. Five-star mega-bling.