Ibri or Wilayat Ibri is a big town in the Al-Zahirah region in the northwest part of Sultanate of Oman.
Omanis are extremely conservative people. Otherwise they are very friendly and helpful. They understand a little English because the schools teach some fragmentary level of English language. Oman is not a rich country like Qatar and United Arab Emirates across the border. Omanis live a very simple life because their income is limited. Most of the people depend upon Agricultural income or help from the government. You can find some rich Omanis in the cities like Muscat and Sohar.
Buses are a rarity in Oman. Taxis are the common mode of transport. Shared taxis are easily available between cities and even to small villages. They charge less than bus fare.
- Forts and Castles. The Wilayat of Ibri is distinguished by its archaeological landmarks including forts, castles, and towers.
- Ancient town of Bat. There are the remains of the town of Bat, which is the second archaeological site to be classified by UNESCO on the list of world heritage and culture sites, after the Bahla Fort in the A’Dakhliya district.
- College of Technology, Ibri..
- College of Applied Sciences, Ibri..
- Qaboos Mosque, Near Bank of Muscat (1 km).
- As Sulaif Park, Near Oman Masoud School (2 km).
- Visit the Bedouin, Biladhi Shuhoom village, near Mokhniyath town (30 km). Biiadi Shuhoom is a village without roads, telephones and other modern amenities. During the annual mountains floods, the village is totally marooned from the outer world and essential food supply is provided by helicopter. The villagae Bedouins are engaged in wheat cultivation, sheep rearing and there are plenty of wheat farms. You need a four-wheel drive vehicle to reach there. Since there are no fixed roads, you can drive across the mountains in an as-you-please manner. The sheikh provides water pumped from a wadi or mountain steam.
- Visit the Ibri Market (2 km). Ibri Market is famous for cattle and fruits.
- Omani Dagger. The cute shaped Omani dagger is available in many sizes and they are made of different material.
- European Food. Available in upmarket restaurants.
- Omani Food. Available in ethnic restaurants.
- Indian Food. Available in small Kerala restaurants.
- Domino's pizz, Hafeet Road, +968 9420 4600
- Arab World Restaurant, Near HSBC Bank, ☎ .
- Al Yahar Restaurant, Ibri-Hafeet Road. Near 'Shurtha' which means police station.
- Golden Gulf Restaurant, Near Helipad, ☎ .
There are two small hotels in Ibri.
- Al Majid Hotel Apartments, Flat no.5, ☎ .
Summer temperature can rise up to 50 degree Celsius. Take the necessary caution.