Ilfracombe is a small town on the North Devon coast in the west of England. It has a beautiful harbour and some wonderful examples of Victorian architecture. Ilfracombe has become a culinary centre for the area with several excellent seafood restaurants, a buzzing cafe culture and Damien Hirsts' 10 The Quay restaurant. Ilfracombe has a vibrant, up and coming feel to it and is perfectly placed for a great family holiday.
- Visit Devon 
- Ilfracombe sits on the A361 road which is connected to the M5 Motorway near Tiverton. Ilfracombe is typically 2 hours drive from Bristol.
- The town is served by National Express coaches, including direct services to Bristol and London (via Heathrow Airport). 
- Several holiday companies offer coach holidays in Ilfracombe.
- The nearest train station is situated in Barnstaple, at the end of the branch line from Exeter. Local bus services connect Ilfracombe to Barnstaple Train Station.
- Local buses connect Ilfracombe to the surrounding seaside resorts, including neighbouring Woolacombe, a large sandy beach popular with surfers.
- Frequent buses also connect Ilfracombe to nearby towns and villages, including Combe Martin, Braunton and Barnstaple: the largest town in the area.
- 1 St. Nicholas's Chapel, Lantern Hill. Chapel with lighthouse lantern.
- Take a day-trip to Swansea or Penarth (near Cardiff) on a paddle steamer - summer only.
- Take a trip to Lundy Island. See puffins and seals.
- Visit Ilfracombe Aquarium
- Take a walk up Hillsborough or Capstone for superb views.
- See 'Verity': the new giant art installation by Damien Hirst, situated on the end of the pier.
- Visit Ilfracombe Museum
- Watch a film at the cinema
- Enjoy the High Street with its' wide range of independent shops
- Visit Chambercombe Manor
- Walk the coast path to Lee and Woolacombe and beyond
- Watch a show at the Landmark Theatre
- Espresso. For great seafood and meat.
- Gazpacho. For authentic Spanish food and fabulous tapas.
- 10 The Quay. For good food surrounded by Damien Hirst artwork and sometimes a chance to spot him.
- Grassroots. For great vegetarian delights.
- The Deli. For coffee, brunch and lunch.
- Maddys. Fish and chips.
- Harbour deli. Olives, paninis and coffee.
- Joe Deluccis. Great ice cream.
- Royal Britannia Hotel, Broad St, ☎ .