Erewash is a local government district and borough in Derbyshire.
It contains the towns of Ilkeston, Long Eaton and Sandiacre as well as a number of villages and parishes including Dale Abbey, Stanton by Dale, Breadsall, Ockbrook and Borrowash.
The traditional industries in the area of coal mining and steel production have long gone, but you can still find a few lace makers that have been running for many generations.
M1 Junction 25
- 1 Bennerley Viaduct. 1,452 ft (443 m) long , 60 ft (18 m) high disused railway viaduct constructed in 1877
- 2 Dale Abbey. remains of Augustinian abbey.
- [formerly dead link] Ilkeston Charter fair: October annually. The fair charter being granted by King Henry III in 1252, although its style has changed a lot since.
- 1 The Royal Oak, 55 Green Lane, Ockbrook (7km, Bus 9 every 2 hours not evenings or Sundays), ☎ . Real ale pub that serves real English food. Need to book a table to get a proper Sunday roast diner.
- 2 Jacksons Chippie, 54 Market St, Ilkeston, ☎ .
- 1 Breadsall Priory, Moor Road, Morley, ☎ . Part of the Marriott chain of hotels. 112 rooms actually located in the 750+ year old residence.
- 2 Holiday Inn Derby/Nottingham M1, Jct.25, Bostocks Lane, Sandiacre, ☎ .