Frequent buses run to and from Nottingham city centre, Long Eaton, and Derby.
Beeston has a train station with two platforms, one of which runs to Nottingham city centre and the other to everywhere else.
Taxis cost approximately £10 from Nottingham city centre. Beeston has a taxi company on the high street - Cabline Taxis , tel. +44 115 922-5226.
The best way to explore Beeston is on foot, as it is quite a small town with a pedestrianised high street.
- The Ten Bell (can be found just outside Sainsbury's.).
- statue of a Beekeeper, high street. and his bees
Parks and activities
There is a small park along the high street, and a bowls club next to it.
Wednesday and Sunday quiz nights at The Cricketers.
Beeston has close links with the University of Nottingham and has a thriving student community.
- Tesco Extra, open 24hrs except Sundays and Bank Holidays.
- The Bean Cafe. Great hot chocolate and student deals!
- The Metro Cafe, 120 High Rd, ☏ . Excellent milkshakes.
- Dino's. Pizzas, burgers, chips, etc. - all your fast food needs.
- 1 Table 8, 61 Wollaton Rd,, ☏ . Very good British food, quality wines and excellent service.
- 1 The Last Post, Chilwell Rd, NG9 1AA, ☏ . 8AM-midnight. A Wetherspoon's pub with cheap drinks all round. Features guest ciders and ales! Also does reasonably priced food. The name originates from the building's former use as the town's post office, rather than a reference to the bugle call.