Indiana Jones is a film series that has been shot in multiple locations around the world, most of them available to visit.
|“||Professor of Archaeology, expert on the occult and... how does one say it? Obtainer of rare antiquities.||”|
—Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones is a character created by George Lucas, as a tribute to serial adventures of the 1930s. The franchise contains four feature films directed by Steven Spielberg, starring Harrison Ford, as well as a television series The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, and several books and video games.
The main filming locations of the Indiana Jones film series
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- 1 Huleia National Wildlife Refuge, Kaua'i, Hawaii, USA. The opening scene of the film, which is supposed to take place in the jungles of Peru, was filmed in this location at Hawaii
- 2 Anahola, Hawaii. the very first scene of the film in which Jones and his crew pass by a Mountain in the deep Jungle
- 3 La Rochelle, France. the scenes that took place in the film in a German submarine base were shot here
- 4 Kairouan, Tunisia. the scenes that took place in the film in Cairo during the 1930s were shot here
- 5 Sidi Bouhlel, Tozeur, Tunisia. the scenes in which Jones threatens to blow up the Ark of the Covenant were shot here
- 6 San Francisco's City Hall. the scene the supposedly takes place in the front of a staircase in Washington D.C was shot here
- 7 University of the Pacific, Stockton, California, USA. the scene which shows the front of the college building where Jones teaches archeology
- 8 Rickmansworth Masonic School for Girls, Hertfordshire, England, UK. the scenes filmed inside of that college building were actually shot in this building in the UK
Temple of Doom (1984)
- 9 Kandy, Sri Lanka. the scene which takes place atop the rope bridge was shot here
- 10 Rua de Felicidade, Macau. the scenes that took place in the film in Shanghai during the 1930s were shot here
- 11 Tuolumne River Rapids, Yosemite National Park, California, USA. There raft scene was shot here
The Last Crusade (1989)
- 12 Al-Khazneh, Petra, Jordan. The location where Jones searchs for the Holy Grail
- 13 Monsul Beach, Andalucía, Spain. the scene in which Connery uses his umbrella to take down an airplane was shot here
- 14 Bürresheim Castle, Germany. location where they shot the facade of the Austrian Braunwald Castle
- 15 Grand Canal, Venice, Italy. The location where Jones meets Greta and where the boat race takes place
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
- 16 Hilo, Hawaii. The scenes that are supposed to take place in the Amazon jungle were actually shot in this location in Hawaii.
- 17 Iguazu Falls. The rest of the shoots needed for the jungle scenes were taken at this location in South America due to a hurricane approaching Hawaii around the filming time.
- 18 Ghost Ranch, Abiquiu, New Mexico, USA.