Indianola rests beside US Highway 82, a four lane east-west highway, 55 miles from Interstate 55.
Drive around on streets with names associated with blues legend B.B. King.
- B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center, 400 Second Street, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 10AM-6PM. The B.B. King Museum boasts a number of activities. The museum itself is centered around the life and times of local blues legend B.B. King, but also offers field trips for classes and guided tours of the building. $10 adults, $5 seniors (65+) and students, free for children under 5.
Indianola has a various assortment of the typical fast food chains available to visitors. There are also several homegrown restaurants offering a variety of traditional Southern foods.
- Pea-Soup's Located on Hwy 82 on the western end of town, Pea-Soup's is a long-time local favorite offering mostly traditional Southern foods such as mashed potatoes, country fried steaks, chicken fingers, salads and such. Highly recommended by the locals. Prices are very reasonable. Their homemade potato salad is one of the highlights you shouldn't miss out on.
- [dead link]Lost Dog Pizza, 807 Hwy 82 W, ☎ . M-Sa 3PM-9PM. Located directly next to Pea-Soup's, Lost Dog Pizza is a recent establishment boasting a wide variety of pizza, sandwiches, sides and deserts, as well as a huge selection of import and domestic beers. The restaurant is themed with a hybrid mix of Southern and Islander cultures with various decorations adorning the interior, such as antiques and signs. The menu includes their signature pizzas such as The Lucille, named in honor of local celebrity and blues legend B.B. King. Very family friendly with equally reasonable prices. A second, larger location has recently opened in Cleveland, located on the legendary Hwy 61, just north of town.
- Jackson - The Mississippi state capital is 100 miles to the south
- Memphis, Tennessee - 135 miles to the north.
|Routes through Indianola|
|Clarksdale ← merges onto ←||N S||→ Belzoni → Jackson|
|Greenville ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Greenwood → Starkville|