Iriga City is a city in Philippines.
Cebu Pacific and Philippines Airlines have many daily flights from Manila to Naga City airport. Travel time is 35 minutes.
From the highway going past the Naga City airport, take a bus, van or a jeepney to Iriga City. Travel time is approximately 45 minutes.
You can also take a Cebu Pacific or Philippines Airlines flight from Manila to Legazpi City instead. Travel time is 45 minutes. On a clear day you will see the majestic Mayon volcano near the airport. From there, you can take a bus or a van which will take you to Iriga City.
There are many provincial buses such as Philtranco, Penafrancia, Isarog, Executive Carrier that travel from Manila to Iriga City. The main bus terminal is located in Araneta Center,Cubao.
Day trips start at around 8AM and the last trip is around 9PM. Travel time is approximately 9 hours, with stopovers. Bus fare is about ₱700. It can be a bumpy ride at times but the buses are fairly comfortable and you can sleep during night trips. If traveling during the day, you can enjoy great views as the bus will ply along mountain ranges.
- Mount Iriga: Formerly known as Mount Asog, Mount Iriga is an extinct volcano. Its last recorded eruption was January 4, 1614 which formed Lake Buhi. It has an elevation of 1196 meters (3,924 feet) with Ilian Hill sits toward the bottom a few kilometers above barrio San Nicolas.
- Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes: Situated on Calvario Hill, above Iriga Plaza Hotel. Once thought to be the home of a witch (asuwang) later became the place where the reenactment of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ in the hill of Calvary hence the name Calvario.
- During World War II, the Japanese Imperial Army took advantage of its strategic location of having a good view of the town proper, used it as a garrison. It is here where countless Iriguenos who opposed their presence suffered imprisonment, torture and death.
- The grotto provides a panoramic view of downtown Iriga City and the surrounding barrios. In the early 70's the hill was slowly developed; using the stone bricks from blasted boulders to build the Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes to its present grandeur.
- Tinagba Park: Built to honor and commemorate the Lady of Lourdes. What was used to be the old children park just below the church, became this beautiful park designed for everybody but more so for the children, the future of Iriga City.
- New Social Hall: Local farmers sun-dried their rice grain prior to milling. Local and neighboring basketball teams competed every summer. Special events and social gatherings as New Year's Eve Masquerade Balls were held here for many years. But during the monsoon season one could almost go swimming.
- This new, sheltered building, hosts the same activities and more, sporting activities, social gatherings, special events, seminars and workshops, except rice drying.
Ilian Hill: At the bottom of Mount Iriga in Barangay San Nicolas, this promontory provides a panoramic view of Iriga City, Baao and Bato Lakes.
Inorogan Chapel: On top of a hill in Barangay Santo Domingo, the chapel was built by a local philantrophist to commemorate the miraculous escape from the death and destruction by inhabitants during Mount Sumagang's eruption in 1614. The miracle is attributed to the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary whose image as Our Lady of Angustia was said to have been found at the present chapel site by Agta hunters.
- Mount Iriga Crater and Gully: After its last recorded eruption on January 4, 1614, a 500 ft (150 m) deep gully from the summit was formed. Wild berries and local pine "agoho" trees grow abundantly due to the rather cold environment. Below is Mount Iriga and the gully as viewed from Lake Buhi.
- On top of a hill in Barangay Santo Domingo, the chapel was built by a local philantrophist to commemorate the miraculous escape from the death and destruction by inhabitants during Mount Sumagang's eruption in 1614. The miracle is attributed to the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary whose image as Our Lady of Angustia was said to have been found at the present chapel site by Agta hunters.
- Sampaguita Tourist Inn (Nabua city). Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. Fan/a.c. single/double rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. From ₱300.