For most international tourists the entry to Brazil will be through São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro or Salvador international airports. There are daily flights operated from domestic airlines LATAM and BRA to Ilhéus which is the closest airport to Itacaré.
From Ilheus (which has an airport) take a bus north - the ride takes less than two hours. From Salvador, you can take a ferry to Bom Despacho (50 min, 4 Reais) and then a bus to Itacaré (5 hours, R$30, bus company "Cidade do sol", their terminal is directly behind the ferry port in Bom Despacho). There is also a bus that goes directly from Salvador to Itacaré, but it takes a lot longer than the ferry-bus combination (as it goes all around the bay of Salvador), is more expensive and only goes once or twice a week.
- Luanda, Filhos de Zumbi and Tribo do Porto are three capoeira groups in Itacaré. You don't want to miss their shows. Their training sessions are open to visitors.
- EasyDrop. Professional surf school with intensive video review of your daytime sessions in the evenings.
- SOS Itacare movement. An effort to protect local beach access for the public.
Itacaré isn't a shopping paradise, but there are some nice handcrafts and surf wear & gear. There's also a travellers' bookshop.
- [dead link] Urso de Óculos: International Bookshop, Avenida Castro Alves 71 (Orla) (on the waterfront in the historic centre, on the way to the fishing port). A charming independent bookshop overlooking the water in the historic centre of Itacaré. Wide selection of books in over 15 different languages (including English, French, German, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, Italian and Hebrew), and a space to relax away from the crowds with a coffee, real English tea or glass of wine.
- Ristorante Eden, R. Pedro Longo, 196. Tu-Su 5PM-midnight.
- [dead link] Casarão Amarelo. Avenida Castro Alves, Centro. Another great restaurant in town, dishing out wonderful plates of coconut curry shrimp and other, less-exotic fare. At R$25-35/plate, it's another "don't miss".
- Dedo de Moça, Rua Plínio Soares, 26. Centro. Very nice quality restaurant.
- Mar e Mel. Praia da Concha. Good food and live music. Typical dishes & exotic drinks.
- Café-Bar Easy Drop, Rua João Coutinho, Centro. Drinks and live music.
- Tapiocaria Bem Bahia, Rua Lodonio de Almeida, Centro.
Itacare is filled with guest houses (pousadas) there's one for each budget and each style of traveler.
- Pousada Solarium, Loteamento Concha do Mar, quadra B nº32, Praia da Concha, (73) 3251 3031, (firstname.lastname@example.org),  [dead link]. Solarium in Latim means "a place for sunbath", which describe perfectly this accommodation.
- [dead link] Aldeia do Mar Chalés, e-mail: email@example.com. Rua- D Quadra- E Lote- 08, Praia da Concha, (73) 3251 2230. Perfect for wants a thrilling experience, built in 15,000m² is a hideaway in the Atlantic Forest.
- [dead link] Pousada Maria Farinha, Rua Louro Amarelo, 240, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Conchas II. Maria Farinha is sort of crab very common in Itacaré, this accommodation has comfortable rooms and delicious homemade breakfast with bread, cakes and jam.
- [dead link] Pousada Pedra Torta, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Rua B, Bairro Conchas do Mar. Opened in 2003, Pousada Pedra Torta has a rustic architecture with heaps of comfort creating a pleasant environment.
- [dead link] Pousada Atlantica, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Rua C-Quadra D, Lotes 3-4-5, Loteamento Conchas do Mar. At this pousada (b&b) the guest can fell how friendly is Bahia people.
- [dead link] Villa Ecoporan Pousada Charme, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Rua Jacarandá, Condomínio Conchas do Mar II. Built in a green area, this accommodation it is a great place to spend your leisure time.
- Pousada Coqueiro Verde. Praia da Concha. Comfortable and stylish pousada. The website has photos of Itacare, a beach guide and a short town history section.
- Ilha Verde, Rua Ataíde Setúbal, 234. Centro. A pousada where they serve a wonderful breakfast for only R$5. Here Lua teaches yoga for R$50 per month with three lessons/week.
- Albergue O Pharol, Praça Santos Dumont, 07, Centro. Affordable pousada with 12 collective and 2 private rooms.
- Che Lagarto Itacaré, Rua Pedro Longo, 58 - Itacaré, ☎ .
- Spirit Vine Ayahuasca Retreat Center, Rodovia Ilhéus Itacaré, km 52 - Vila Camboinha, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open 24 hours. Surrounded by landscaped gardens and Atlantic forest, retreats include ayahuasca ceremonies, spiritual workshops, yoga classes, comfortable accommodation with modern amenities, and a vegan and vegetarian diet.