Jump to navigation Jump to search
Itamaraju is a city inland from the Whale Coast in Southern Bahia.
- Monte Pascoal National Historic Park, ☎ . This park covers almost 22,332 hectares of land. The small mountain for which it is named was the first piece of land spotted by Pedro Álvares Cabral on April 22, 1500, the date of the discovery of Brazil. Its name means "Easter Mountain", since this discovery took place around Easter of that year. The area has been home to the Pataxó indigenous group since the 1860s.
- Monte do Pescoço. This striking rock formation is the symbol of the city; it even appears on the city's flag.
- Praça 2 de Julho.
- Praça Castelo Branco.
- Churrascaria Tropeiro Gaúcho, Praça Mal. Castelo Branco, 294, ☎ .
- Restaurante da Mara, Av. Brasil 926, ☎ .
- Hotel Monte Pascoal, BR-101, km.808 - Santo Antônio do Monte, ☎ .
- Hotel e Pousada Vista da Pedra, BR-101, km 808.9 - Santo Antonio do Monte, ☎ .
|Routes through Itamaraju|
|Linhares ← Teixeira de Freitas ←||S N||→ Eunápolis → Itabuna|