Intercity buses stop at the 1 Estação Rodoviária at the corner of Praça Comendador Azevedo. Buses are available from Porto Alegre.
To get in from Río Branco, across the border in Uruguay, just cross the 2 Mauá Bridge, which does not have border controls. You're free to cross back and forth between the two cities, but if you're coming from Uruguay and want to continue farther into Brazil, or if you're coming from Brazil and want to continue farther into Uruguay, you're required to go through passport controls in both cities, which to make things more confusing and difficult are located some distance away from the border on each side. 3 Brazilian immigration is located several blocks into Jaguarão at Rua Júlio de Castilhos 1572, and 4 Uruguayan immigration is on the outskirts of Río Branco at the end of Bulevar Aparicio Saravia.
- Carlos Barbosa Gonçalves Museum (Museu Carlos Barbosa Gonçalves). Housed in a building constructed in 1886.
- Esperança Theater (Teatro Esperança).
- Igreja Matriz do Divino Espírito Santo.
- Igreja Imaculada Conceição.
- Military clinic ruins (Ruínas da enfermaria militar).
- Praça Dr. Alcides Marques.
- 1 Taki Pizzaria, Av. 27 de Janeiro, 829, ☏ , . 19:00–24:00, closed Th. Busy pizzeria with large tables serving both savory and dessert pizzas. Good vegetarian options (something that's not easy to come by around here). Delivery available.
|Routes through Jaguarão|
|END ←||S N||→ Arroio Grande → Pelotas|