Jakobstad is situated along highway 8, the main road along the Finnish west coast.
Jakobstad has a guest port, so arriving by your own boat is always an option.
- Jakobstad's town hall and the Town hall square.
- Strengberg tobacco factory. The yellow industrial building and it's clock sphere on the roof is still one of Jakobstad's symbols, even as the factory has closed down.
- Skata. The wooden old town.
- Skolparken. The School Park is not just a park but a botanical garden with almost thousand different plants and flowers.
- Jakobstad Church.
- Jacobstads Wapen, The old port, ☎ . A replica of a 18th century ship, anchored in the old port of Jakobstad. 1,60€.
- Nanoq, Pörkenäsvägen 60, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. "Finland's first Arctic museum" is a museum dedicated to the explorers of the North Pole, Greenland and Svalbard. adults 6€, children 3,50€.
- Pedersore Church.
- O'Learys Jakobstad, Alholmsvägen 1, 68600, ☎ .
- Stadshotellet, Kanalesplanaden 13, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. A typical small-town hotel, clean and modern. Double room €130.
If you are continuing towards Kokkola by car, you can take the more scenic route through the archipelago over seven bridges.