- 1 Jambi — provincial capital city.
- 2 Sungai Penuh — second largest city and gateway to Kerinci regency.
- 3 Muara Bungo
- 1 Kerinci Seblat National Park — the largest national park in Sumatra island that spans over 4 province. This is also where Mt. Kerinci, the highest volcano in Indonesia and Lake Telaga Tujuh, the highest caldera lake in Southeast Asia are located.
- 2 Berbak National Park — largest undisturbed swamp forest in southeastern Asia.
- 3 Bukit Tigapuluh National Park — home to the nomadic Orang Rimba tribes and Talang Mamak tribes as well as the last refugee for several endangered species such as Sumatran orangutan, Sumatran tiger, Sumatran elephant, and Asian tapir, as well as many endangered bird species.
- 4 Bukit Duabelas National Park — Some of the last remaining lowland rainforest in Sumatra, and home to the nomadic Orang Rimba tribe.
The main airport in the province is Jambi City's Sultan Thaha Airport (DJB IATA), with frequent flights to and from Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, and in addition scheduled flights to and from Batam, Palembang, Pekanbaru, and Medan.
The smaller Muara Bungo Airport (BUU IATA) serves the town of Muara Bungo and the western central part of the province, with direct flights from Jakarta, Bengkulu and Jambi City. Depati Parbo Airport (KRC IATA) serving Sungai Penuh city & Kerinci regency in the far west of the province.