Jhang is located about 210 km from Lahore, about 100km from Chiniot, 70 km from Faisalabad and some 35 km from Gojra. This large city is well connected by road. From Chiniot or Faisalabad, Jhang Faisalabad Road is the way to come.
- 1 Jhang Sadar railway station (جھنگ صدر ریلوے اسٹیشن). Principal railway station, all trains call here.
- 2 Jhang City railway station (جھنگ شہر ریلوے اسٹیشن). A smaller railway station in the northern end of the city, only a few trains calls here.
By rickshaw or tuktuk
They are still the most popular and efficient form of travel. Expect to pay anything between Rs20-100 depending on the distance.
Taxis can be found though at Bus stand and at railway station.
Major language used in Jhang is Punjabi and Sariki. Some educated people use Urdu & English. Every one can understand Urdu.
- Shrine of Sultan Bahoo- located in Garh Maharaja is probably the city's prime attraction. This 17th century Muslim Sufi is considered a saint.
- Heer Ranjha's Grave- is a popular shrine and landmark too, especially among couples.
- Shrine of Hazrat Sheikh Ali
- Shrine of Mehboob Alam-(also known as shah jewna)
- Trimmu Head- where Chenab and Jehlum rivers meet.
- Shrine of Shah Jeewna.
- Boating in Chenab River.
- Dahi Bhale - Dahi Bhale shops are commonly present.
- Gol Gappe - Their dahi bhala fillings and dippings are unique and not worth missing.
- Biryani & Pulao
In Summer there a variety of drinks are available in every corner of city.
- Rabri - It is made by mixing peanuts, almonds & many other dry fruits in milk and is very delicious.
- Sugar cane rusk
- Limo pani - It is made up with lemon juice & water.
- Lassi - Lassi is the traditional Punjabi drink. Lassi is available in all parts of the city easily. It is made using yogurt. The price of one glass or a Piala of Lassi is about Rs.20-30
In the case of an emergency, call police by 15 from any landline phone. If you are using a cellphone, dial 911 for police rescue.
- Ambulance Access To get an ambulance in case of an emergency, dial 115 from any landline or cellphone.
If you found yourself in serious trouble and need any type of emergency rescue or help then feel free to dial 1122. The name of the emergency service is "Rescue 1122".