Shuili (集集; also written as Chichi) is a township in Nantou County.
In September 1999, the Jiji area was heavily damaged by a large earthquake and over 2,400 people were killed with a further 11,000 injured. There are still a number of reminders of the disaster scattered around the area, such as the collapsed Wuchang Temple.
The TRA Jiji line runs through the township, and the area can be accessed via the following stations:
- 1 Jiji Station (集集車站). The station was opened for operation on 14 January 1922, during Japanese rule. The station relocated to its current location on 2 February 1930. The station was severely damaged in the 1999 Jiji earthquake (921 earthquake) on 21 September 1999 and was reconstructed in 2001
- 2 Longquan Station (龍泉車站). The station was opened for operation on 14 January 1922.
The area is served by the Yuanlin and All Day bus companies
Bicycles and scooters can be rented from rental stores near the train stations, such as:
- 1 Taiwan Bike Rental (台灣租車行), No. 180-200, Minsheng Road, Jiji Township, Nantou County, ☏ . Directly across the street from Jiji station.
- 2 Asia-wide Bike Rental (亞大租車行), No. 119, Minsheng Road, Jiji Township, Nantou County.
- 1 Shenxian Falls (神仙瀑布).
- 2 Jiji Weir (集集攔河堰).
- 3 Mingxin Academy (明新書院). Built in 1885 during the Qing Dynasty rule as the first private school within the area, the complex is a well-preserved example of the pre-colonial educational system in Taiwan.
- 4 Jiji Wuchang Temple (武昌宮). The remains of a temple that collapsed during the earthquake in 1999.
- 5 Jiji Military History Park (集集軍史公園). An open-air museum featuring examples of Republic of China military hardware.
- Conservation Education Center.
- 6 Taiwan Water Museum (台灣水資源館), No. 2, Lanhe Rd, Jiji Township, Nantou County.
- 1 Jiji Banana Cultivation History Centre, No. 70, Minsheng East Road, Jiji Township, Nantou County, ☏ . 09:00-17:00.
- 2 Lavender Go-kart (風車花園小型賽車場), No. 507, Minquan Road, Jiji Township, Nantou County.
- 3 Chi-Chi Jie Rims Kart Track (集集捷軨小型賽車場), No. 400, Minquan Road, Jiji Township, Nantou County.
- 1 Grandma's Stinky Tofu (阿嬤臭豆腐), 18, Jimin Street, Jiji Township, Nantou County.
- 2 Jiji Night Market (集集夜市), No. 188, Yucai Street, Jiji Township, Nantou County. Tu Sa 17:30-22:30.
- 3 Natural Vegetarian (天然素食), Minsheng Road, Jiji Township, Nantou County. A vegetarian restaurant a short walk from Jiji Station.