There are roads from the other municipalities on mainland Åland.
There are some fifteen daily bus services from Mariehamn to Jomala, and one for every ferry arrival in Eckerö. Ålandstrafiken's bus lines 2,3, and 4 serve downtown Jomala. Line 1 drive through the western part of the municipality and line 5 through the eastern part all the way to Svinö and Långnäs harbors. See Ålandstrafiken timetables for details.
Mariehamn local bus line N extend to Maxinge shopping mall.
Ålandstrafiken's bus lines 2, 3, and 4 (Mariehamn-Godby) serve downtown Jomala. Line 1 drive through the western part of the municipality and line 5 through the eastern part including Önningeby and Lemström canal. See Ålandstrafiken timetables for details.
- 1 St. Olof's Church (Sankt Olofs kyrka), 448 Godbyvägen. The church dedicated to the patron saint of Åland, Saint Olaf, was probably built between 1270 and 1290, which make it the oldest surviving stone masonry building in Finland.
- 2 Önningeby Museum (Önningebymuseet), Jonesasgatan 3 (about 1 km walk from bus stop "Önningeby"), ☏ . May: Sa 11:00-15:00, Jun-Aug: Tu-Su 11:00-16:00, Sep: Tu-Th 11:00-15:00. The Önningeby artists' colony was founded in 1886 by Victor Westerholm, a renowned Finnish landscape painter, professor and art museum director. The colony attracted Finnish and Swedish painters who gathered here to paint landscapes outdoors rather than in their studios. Notably, most of them were women. Today the colony is a small art a museum. The exhibition consists of the art of the participants as well as objects and views that inspired them. Café and museum shop. €5/3; Finnish Museum Card valid.
- 3 Lemströms kanal (Lemström canal). The canal between Slemmern and Lumparn was opened in 1882. The bridge over the canal is opened once in an hour for ten minutes to allow tall ships pass through. Surrounding park is idyllic.
- 1 Vikingahallen, 5 Önningebyvägen. A sports centre.
- 2 Paintball Åland Events (in the Karrböle village), ☏ . A paint ball centre.
- 1 Maxinge Shopping Centre, 1 Sparvägen (along Highway 2 towards Mariehamn). The largest shopping mall on the islands. About 20 different stores and a couple of places to eat and drink. Alko store.
- 2 K-Supermarket Kantarellen, Nya Godbyvägen, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 07:00–22:00 Sa 09:00–22:00 Su 10:00–22:00. A grocery store.
- 1 Kungsnäs stugor, Önningebyvägen 510 (in Önninge in the south-east of Jomala).