- 1 Jonesboro Municipal Airport (JBR IATA). A small airport that has non-stop service on Air Choice One to St. Louis.
The main streets to remember are Johnson Ave, Nettleton Ave, Highland Dr, Main St./Southwest Dr., Caraway Rd, Stadium Blvd, which is South of Interstate 555, and Red Wolf Boulevard which was North of Interstate 555. Same street different names depending on your location. These six streets form a sort of grid around town. Another one to know is US HWY 63 (renamed Interstate 555) as it is how you are going to enter and leave Jonesboro. Southwest Drive, Caraway Road, and Stadium Blvd are all accessible from 63; the other three intersect the three accessible from 63.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 1:55PM local time and lasts 2 min 30 sec. Chances of a clear sky are 30%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico over Texas to Texarkana then across Arkansas parallel to Hwys 30 and 67, then on into Missouri and Illinois.
- The New Nature Center in the southern part of town is a great place to spend a few hours and relax while either watching the animals from the air-conditioned observation deck or hiking along the several trails which wind around the property. Children will love the interactive exhibits in the main building. Fliers at the door contain information on Arkansas hunting as well as other things.
- 1 Crowley's Ridge State Park, 2092 AR-168 North, Paragould, ☏ . This state park centers around the geographical oddity of Crowley's Ridge, a loess formation of elevated land in an otherwise flat delta region. In addition, the park features some attractive stone and log buildings built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s. Free.
- 2 Lake Frierson State Park, 7904 AR-141, ☏ . A nice relaxing environment with lake and trees. You can bring hiking boots, a fishing pole, or tent, or rent a boat. Free.
The Mall at Turtle Creek has many stores of interest.
Jonesboro has a steadily-expanding array of national chains - Outback, Chili's, Olive Garden - so you'll find many familiar names. But there are a growing number of popular independent, home-grown choices as well.
- Godsey's Grill, 226 South Main St., ☏ . M-W 11AM - 10PM, Th-Sa 11AM-11PM. Popular bar and grill featuring burgers, rich dips and appetizers and other Southern favorites.
- Demo's Smokehouse and Barbecue, 1851 South Church St. (Just north of Highland and South Main), ☏ . Daily 11AM-8:30PM. Locally celebrated for its barbecue and beans. Superfast service.
- Upper Crust Pizza Co., 3120 Shelby Drive, ☏ . Su-Th 11AM-10PM, F Sa 11AM-11PM. Good selection of pizzas and salads that goes beyond national chains in choices. Comfortable hangout to watch big sporting events.
Second branch at 1810 E. Highland closes one hour earlier and all day Sunday.
Jonesboro is in a dry county, but there are a few restaurants and clubs in town that serve alcohol if you have a membership.
- Holiday Inn, 3006 South Caraway Rd, ☏ .
- Holiday Inn Express, 2407 Phillips Drive, ☏ .
- Motel 6, 2300 South Caraway Road, ☏ , fax: .
|Routes through Jonesboro|
|Jefferson City ← Hardy ←||N S||→ West Memphis → Memphis via|