Joutseno is on national road 6 from Koskenkylä (between Helsinki and Loviisa on national road 7) to Imatra and through eastern Finland to Kajaani. The road goes by the south shore of Saimaa, with Joutseno being between Lappeenranta and Imatra. Lappeenranta and Imatra both have a border crossing to Russia, Nuijamaa/Brusnichnoye and Imatra/Svetogorsk (Enso), respectively. The latter was closed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
There are buses along road 6 between Lappeenranta and Imatra about hourly, see Matkahuolto. The Onnibus services from Helsinki stop at 1 "Lampikangas th" 2 km west from the centre, at a highway crossroads.
Nearest airport (about 22 km) is the Lappeenranta Airportthat is situated close to the centre of Lappeenranta city. It provides regular and effective flight connections to Helsinki several times a day. From Helsinki there are fast flight connections to all continents.
- 2 Joutsenon venesatama (Likosenlahti), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Toilet, shower, water, electricity, septic tank emptying, garbage disposal. Laundry and sauna for a fee. Gas. Restaurant Sataman torni (pizzeria) functions as harbour office. €15.
- See also: Finland#By motorised scooter
You can rent electric kick scooters for use in the centre from Finnish Joe Scooter.
- Smartphone app: Valopilkku
- The Church of Joutseno. was built in 1918.
- Storm Statue. on July 1972 in Joutseno was horrible storm. You can find the statue near from Library of Joutseno. Storm Statue is by Reino Puustinen, but the symbol of this statue is unknown.
- Sana Mobilitas. is by artist Reino Puustinen. It's a statue of healthy exercise.
- The Prison of Konnusuo. with very large area and it's very historical area. In this time there lives people, but there are a lot of forests. In Konnusuo area is a waste management station.
- Myllymäki Skiin Centre.
- Fishing Pond.
- Arabia, Hackman, Iittala factory shop
- Cafe Restaurant VilliPippuri.
- Cafe Kaisa.
- Gasthaus Joutseno. A simple hotel near from the centre of Joutseno.