Käsmu was used by, and was home to many smugglers of salt and fish in the past century. It is steeped in maritime history and known in Estonia as the "Captain's Village".
- Sagadi Manor, Sagadi küla, Vihula vald, Lääne-Viru maakond, ☎ . The manor house dates back to the 18th century. RMK Sagadi Forest Museum is also located within the estate.
- Palmse Manor, Palmse küla, Vihula vald, Lääne-Viru maakond, ☎ . The mansion is one of the most prominent and grand baroque manor buildings in Estonia. Palmse is the first fully restored manor in Estonia. It's also the Lahemaa National Park Centre.
- Käsmu Sea Museum, Merekooli tn. Museum is located in a former border guard station building from Soviet Occupation period and presents the history of the village. Exhibits reflect all the areas connected to the sea - seafaring, fishing, smuggling trade and also the sea as a part of nature and as an object of photography and visual arts.
Other places of interest
Naturally the beach is the biggest attraction of the village. There are also camp trails in the woods.
Every July there is a popular folk music festival in the village.
- Võsu, beach village in Lahemaa National Park
- Rakvere, Estonia's fifth largest town, known for its castle ruins and unique character