- 1 Kahului Airport (OGG IATA), 1 Kahului Airport Rd # 5. The main airport for the island of Maui, and the second largest commercial airport in the state. It is a secondary hub for Hawaiian Airlines, which provides inter-island service to Kahului from the other major airports in the state. Several major U.S. airlines also provide non-stop service to Maui from the West Coast and beyond. There are non-stop flights to Kahului Airport from the following cities (some cities may be seasonal or only offer service certain days of the week): Anchorage, Chicago, Dallas Fort Worth, Denver, Hana, Hilo, Honolulu, Hoolehua, Kamuela, Kapalua, Kauai Island, Kona, Lanai City, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle and Vancouver.
The main commercial street in Kahului is Kaahumanu Avenue (state route 32), which passes by the main shopping malls of Queen Kaahumanu Center and Maui Mall. Hana Highway (state route 36) intersects Kaahumanu Avenue near Maui Mall. Dairy Road (state route 380) is the road which runs to Kahului Airport from the major tourist centers and along which Maui's major big-box retailers lie.
- 1 Maui Arts and Cultural Center, 1 Cameron Way, ☏ . Tu-Su 11AM-5PM. Completed in 1994, the Arts and Cultural Center is one of the island's best venues for both visual and performing arts. The Schaefer International Gallery is Maui's only museum-quality art gallery, while several performance venues including the Castle Theater and Alexander and Baldwin Amphitheater provide space for concerts and plays. Free admission for most exhibits in the Schaefer Gallery.
- 2 Maui Nui Botanical Gardens, 150 Kanaloa Ave, ☏ . M-Sa 8AM-4PM. Seven acre site focused on flora of Maui, Moloka'i, Lana'i and Kaho'olawe.
- 3 Kahana Pond Bird Sanctuary (Haleakala Highway, 0.1 miles west of Hana Highway). 143-acre wetland preserve that is home to the Hawaiian Coot (ʻalae) and the Hawaiian stilt (aeʻo). Free.
- 4 Alexander & Baldwin Sugar Museum, 3957 Hansen Rd, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 09:30–16:30. Closed Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day. Indoor and outdoor museum exhibits documenting the history of the former sugar industry in Hawaii. The former sugar mill can be seen across the street from the museum. Adults: $7, 60+: $5, 6-12: $2, 5 and under: free, Family Rate: $20, Military (active, veterans and retired, with family members): $5 per person.
- 1 Kanaha Beach Park (Kite Beach), Amala Place (take Amala Place west to the end, about 1.5 miles from Hobron Ave.), ☏ . A mile-long stretch of beach located adjacent to the Kahului Airport, this park is also known as Kite Beach for its excellent windsurfing conditions. Free.
- 2 Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, 1 Lelepio Pl, ☏ . 50 to 90 minute helicopter tours of Maui and Molokai. Higher end packages include landing with refreshments served. $289-$489.
- 3 Air Maui, Lelepio Place, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 45 to 75 minute helicopter tours of Maui and Molokai. Some tours include landing with refreshments. $253-$350.
- 4 Sunshine Helicopters, 107 Airport Road, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. 40 to 70 minute helicopter tours of Maui and Molokai. $210-$480.
- 5 Maverick Helicopters, Lelepio Place, ☏ , toll-free: . 06:00-22:00. 50 to 75 minute helicopter tours of Maui and Molokai. $249-$369.
- 6 Ki Ho'alu Slack Key Guitar Festival, 1 Cameron Way, ☏ . Annual celebration of slack key guitar music. Takes place in June.
- 7 Maui Ukulele Festival, 1 Cameron Way, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Music festival featuring ukele music. Takes place in September.
- 8 Na Mele OMaui, 1 Cameron Way. Annual choral festival featuring songs in native Hawaiian. Takes place in December.
- 1 Tasaka Guri-Guri, 70 E. Kaahumanu Ave #C13 (in Maui Mall), ☏ . Mon-Thu 9 am - 6 pm, Fri 9 am - 7 pm, Sat 9 am - 5 pm, Sun 10 am - 4 pm. A long-time fixture on Maui, this shop keeps things simple and serves up a classic old-style Hawaii flavor: it sells a classic sherbet in only two flavors, strawberry and pineapple. The Tasaka family has been doing this for over 90 years, and for many visitors to Maui, no trip is complete without a visit here. They will also pack it for the plane ride. Cash only.
- 2 Zippy's, 15 Ho'okele St, ☏ . 24 hours. This location has two sides: a quick service counter and a table-service restaurant with a bakery counter in between. Hawaiian and American food are the specialties.
- 3 Acevedo's Hawaicano Cafe, 190 Alamaha St, ☏ . Family owned eatery in an industrial area near the airport serving Hawaiian food with a Mexican twist.
There are only three hotels in Kahului, all of them on the budget to midrange end of the scale. All are centrally located in Kahului not far from the airport and provide clean and comfortable accommodations, but if you're expecting amenities on the scale of properties in Kaanapali or Kihei, you will be sorely disappointed.
- 1 Maui Beach Hotel, 170 Kaahumanu Ave, ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 16:00, check-out: 11:00. Pet friendly, in-room internet and WiFi, fitness room. Free airport shuttle. Restaurant on site. $118-$305.
- 2 Maui Seaside Hotel, 100 Kaahumanu Ave, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Clean, basic hotel on white sand beach. $149-$189.
- 3 Courtyard Maui Airport Hotel, 532 Keolani Place (5 minutes from OGG), ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 15:00, check-out: Noon. Part of the Marriott chain, just minutes from the airport. $264-$649.