Kamien Pomorski is a town in the Zachodniopomorskie voivodeship in northwestern Poland. It is situated at the Bay of Kamien, which is surrounded on the island Wolin and the mainland of Pomerania. It was the first known capital of the former Duchy of Pomerania in the 12th century, which confirms it's historical significance.
The one in Szczecin is the closest one to Kamień Pomorski:
- 1 Solidarity Szczecin–Goleniów Airport (SZZ IATA). 55km south of Kamień Pomorski.
An alternative can be to fly to Berlin and take a bus or transfer to Szczecin from which there are connections to Kamień Pomorski.
By public transport
There is a train connection from Szczecin to Kamień Pomorski, which at most times requires a change in Wysoka Kamieńska. The train ride from Szczecin takes approximately 1h15 and costs 12,50 zł one way. There are a few connections daily. The 2 Kamień Pomorski train station is located about 800 meters south of the historic town center.
From Gdańsk or Szczecin by the route E28 to Goleniow and than E65.
The whole town centre can be visited on foot.
- 1 Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, Plac Katedralny. This cathedral is a must if you are in this area. The cathedral is a very good example of early brick Gothic architecture. free, 2 zł ticket required for either garden and upper floor exhibition.
- 2 Church of the Assumption, Mariańska.
- 3 Saint Nicholas church (Kościół św. Mikołaja), Ludwika Solskiego.
Visit the annual International Festival of Organ and Chamber Music in Kamień Pomorski [dead link] or learn more about the history of the region at the Museum of the History of the Kamień region (10 PLN in 2020)
- Marina Pallatium, ul. Rybacka 3, ☏ +48 662 220 955, email@example.com. 140-320 PLN for one person, 185-395 PLN for two, 350-520 PLN for a family.
- The seaside resort town of Dziwnów is very near.
- Another near small seaside resorts are Dziwnówek, Łukęcin and Pobierowo.
- Międzyzdroje, one of the most renowned Polish seaside resorts is 35 minutes away by car.