Karasjok sits in the interior of the wide Finnmark county. The observation site there holds most of the record low temperatures in Norway, for instance the coldest ever recorded is -51,4°C. Even in the month of May -23°C has been recorded, and in August -9°C. Annual average is -2.4°C. Summer months are usually pleasently warm however with a July average 13.4°C. There is very little precipitation, annual average is around 300 mm making it one of the driest areas in Europe.
- Tourist office, Ávjovárgeaidnu 1, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 10:00–18:00, Sa–Su 10:00–14:00.
The nearest airport is at Lakselv
- Lakselv - takes about 1 hour. Connecting bus to Nordkapp, Hammerfest, Alta and Tromsø.
- Tana - takes about 3 hours. Connecting bus to Vadsø, Vardø and Kirkenes.
- Karigasniemi, Finland - takes about 20 minutes. Connecting bus to Inari, Ivalo, Saariselkä, Sodankylä and Rovaniemi.
The town is small and possible to see by foot.
- The Sami parliament (Sámediggi), Ávjovárgeaidnu 50, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Sámi center for contemporary art (Sámi dáiddaguovddáš), Suomageaidnu 14, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu–F 10:00–16:00, Sa–Su 11:00–16:00.
- Turgleder, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. November–May. Cross-country skiing, from easy or demanding day trips to moderate week-long journeys in spring or extreme two-week adventures in February. Also courses on skiing and outdoor skills.
- Engholm's Husky Design Lodge, 9730 Karasjok, ☏ . This is an amazing place in the forests outside Karasjok.
- Rica Hotel Karasjok, Leavnnjageaidnu 1, ☏ , fax: .
- Kautokeino in the middle of the Finnmarksvidda plateau.
|Routes through Karasjok|
|Kirkenes ← Utsjoki ←||N S||→ Lakselv → Narvik|