Kelsterbach, also called Kelsterbach am Main for its position on the banks of the Main River into which the Kelsterbach (Kelster Brook) flows, is in Hesse.
Although there have been settlements in the area since the stone age and some remains of a Roman villa can still be seen, Kelsterbach did not become a town until 1952 when the airport and local industries increased the population.
Due to its proximity to Frankfurt Airport, it is a center for logistics companies such as Lufthansa Systems, Nippon Express, Schenker AG, FedEx. It is not a tourist destination in itself but a useful and not so expensive location to stay close to the airport.
Directly off the A3 using the B43 just to the west of Frankfurter Kreuz (interchange with the A5).
- 1 Herz-Jesu-Kirche. Neo-Barock style catholic church
- 2 St. Martinskirche, Untergasse. classic style protestant church
- Zumtreffpunkt, Kleiner Kornweg 32, ☏ .
- Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Airport (Kelsterbach), Am Weiher 20, ☏ .
- NH Frankfurt Airport, Mörfelder Straße 113, ☏ .
- Ibis Frankfurt Airport, Langer Kornweg 9a, ☏ .