Kemer is a coastal city with some beaches, and mountains (up to the elevation of 2200m) close by. Surrounded by large resort hotels on northern and southern sides, this city is a much preferred destination for Russians on package holidays—ands Western and Northern Europeans—and one of the few towns in Turkey with a welcome sign in Russian (in addition to the usual Turkish, English, German, etc.)
Antalya Airport, the nearest international one, is about 42 km to the north-east, about an hour away by car. There is no airport shuttle service to Kemer but you can easily go by Havabus to the Antalya otogar and from there take one of the many buses along the D400 going west. Total trip time should be between one to two hours.
- Yellow taxis has a set price of 135 lira to/from the airport.
- Scandinavian charter operator Tyrkiareiser run coaches between Kemer and the airport when they have flights arriving/departing. Quoted at 150 Norwegian Kroner NOK per person, (about 32 TL) or 200 NOK including pickup in Arslanbucak. Tyrkiareiser Kemer office phone: +90 242 814-66-10
- The wide highway D400 with separated lanes per each direction, which passes by the town, connects it with north (Antalya) and south.
- Bus service (dolmuş) as usual. 1 TL. Route up to Arslanbucak and all the way down to the beach.
- Yellow taxis are common. The ~3km distance between Arslanbucak and downtown Kemer costs 13-16 TL.
- Some of the restaurants and beaches offers to pick you up, and return you home, for free.
- 1 Phaselis (Faselis) (take a minibus going to Tekirova. You'll be dropped at the entrance, 20 minutes on foot from the ruins. Buses every 20 minutes). 1 Apr - 1 Nov 08:00-19:00, 1 Nov - 1 Apr 08:00-17:30. Very dilapidated ruins of what once was the major harbor of the region, lost under a dense pine forest. Nice beaches with a mixture of gravel, rock and sand. ₺45.
- 1 [dead link] Sea to Sky/Olympos Teleferik (colloquially known as 'Tahtalı Teleferiği' in Turkish), Yeni Mah. Atatürk Bulvarı 2/1, Kemer (their office in downtown) (access to lower station is from a 7-km surface road that branches off from the main highway between the towns of Çamyuva and Tekirova , 8 km south of Kemer; shuttles are also available), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Every half an hour daily 09:00-19:00 in high season, 10:00-17:00 daily in low season. Cable car connecting to the 2,365 m summit of Mt Tahtalı. A trip takes 10 minutes. 75 TL.
- 1 Kardelen, Aslanbucak. Excellent food. 20-25 TL for a main course.
- Merhaba Garden. Great steaks. ~20TL. Pickup service at tel +90 242 814 5594 or +90 535 554 3661
The night clubs in town are open till 04:00 daily. Live performances are held on some days, when entrance tickets cost 20-35 TL.
Dial +90 242 xxx xxxx (from out of Turkey) or 0 242 xxx xxxx (within Turkey) to call local phone numbers.
|Routes through Kemer|
|Marmaris ← Olympos ←||W E||→ Beldibi → Antalya|