Kemer is a coastal city with some beaches, and mountains (up to the elevation of 2200m) close by. Surrounded by large resort hotels on northern and southern sides, this city is a much preferred destination for Russians on package holidays—ands Western and Northern Europeans—and one of the few towns in Turkey with a welcome sign in Russian (in addition to the usual Turkish, English, German, etc.)
Antalya Airport, the nearest international one, is about 42 km to the north-east, about an hour away by car. There is no airport shuttle service to Kemer, but it is reported that a 3-hour bus ride is possible.
- Yellow taxis has a set price of 135 lira to/from the airport.
- Scandinavian charter operator Tyrkiareiser run coaches between Kemer and the airport when they have flights arriving/departing. Quoted at 150 Norwegian Kroner NOK per person, (about 32 TL) or 200 NOK including pickup in Arslanbucak. Tyrkiareiser Kemer office phone: +90 242 814-66-10
- The wide highway D400 with separated lanes per each direction, which passes by the town, connects it with north (Antalya) and south.
- Bus service (dolmuş) as usual. 1 TL. Route up to Arslanbucak and all the way down to the beach.
- Yellow taxis are common. The ~3km distance between Arslanbucak and downtown Kemer costs 13-16 TL.
- Some of the restaurants and beaches offers to pick you up, and return you home, for free.
- 1 [dead link] Sea to Sky/Olympos Teleferik (colloquially known as 'Tahtalı Teleferiği' in Turkish), Yeni Mah. Atatürk Bulvarı 2/1, Kemer (their office in downtown) (access to lower station is from a 7-km surface road that branches off from the main highway between the towns of Çamyuva and Tekirova , 8 km south of Kemer; shuttles are also available), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Every half an hour daily 09:00-19:00 in high season, 10:00-17:00 daily in low season. Cable car connecting to the 2,365 m summit of Mt Tahtalı. A trip takes 10 minutes. 75 TL/€30.
- 1 Kardelen, Aslanbucak. Excellent food. 20-25 TL for a main course.
- Merhaba Garden. Great steaks. ~20TL. Pickup service at tel +90 242 814 5594 or +90 535 554 3661
The night clubs in town are open till 04:00 daily. Live performances are held on some days, when entrance tickets cost 20-35 TL.
Dial +90 242 xxx xxxx (from out of Turkey) or 0 242 xxx xxxx (within Turkey) to call local phone numbers.
- 1 Phaselis (Faselis) — the ruins of what once was the major harbour of the region, lost under a dense pine forest. Daily cruises from Kemer provide a fine way of getting there, but if you are on budget taking a minibus to Tekirova and asking to be dropped off at Phaselis will fit the bill just as well.
|Routes through Kemer|
|Marmaris ← Olympos ←||W E||→ Beldibi → Antalya|