The main route in and out is Interstate 10. Williams Boulevard runs from the Mississippi River to the Lakefront. Veterans Highway in the north part of the city is a major commercial avenue, connecting to Metairie just to the east.
"Rivertown", old section of town with museums and attractions along Williams Boulevard at the Mississippi River front. 
- [dead link] Pontchartrain Center. Near the Lake Pontchartrain (north) end of Williams Boulevard, hosts many special events.
- Brick Oven, 2805 Williams Blvd (at Veterans Blvd). # A. Good mid-range Italian. Tel. 466-2097
- Chateau Coffee Cafe, 701 West Esplanade Avenue. Coffee, sandwiches, salads, an light eats. A favorite of the Lakeview section of New Orleans; opened another location in Kenner. Eat in, or order from drive-thru window.
- Garces, 3809 Williams Blvd. Cuban. Tel 443-1223
- Pupuseria La Macarena, 4221 Williams Blvd. Central American. Tel. 464-4525
- Ristorante Da Piero, 401 Williams Blvd. Italian including Romagna region specialties. Lunch Tue-Fri; Dinner Tue-Sat. Tel 469-8585
There are a number of hotels near the Airport and on Veterans Highway.
Telephone area code is 504, same as New Orleans.
- Metairie is just to the east of Kenner.
- New Orleans, Louisiana's largest city and foremost visitor attraction, is a dozen miles to the east on the other side of Metairie.
- Covington and the Lake Pontchartrain North Shore are less than an hour's drive across the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway.
- Baton Rouge, the state Capital, is some 90 minutes drive north-west on Interstate-10
|Routes through Kenner|
|Baton Rouge ← LaPlace ←||W E||→ Metairie → New Orleans|
|Baton Rouge ← Saint Rose ←||N S||→ Metairie → New Orleans|