Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kenwood is a small town in Sonoma County. Between Santa Rosa and Sonoma on CA-12, Kenwood is in California's wine country, and it developed during the late 19th century during a period when the name of the town was changed multiple times.
Bus service from Santa Rosa is provided by Sonoma County Transit route 30.
- 1 Annadel State Park, 6201 Channel Drive, Santa Rosa (east of Santa Rosa and south of Highway 12 on Channel Drive via Montgomery Drive), ☏ +1 707-539-3911. 8AM-sunset. On the northern side of Sonoma Valley, just south of Santa Rosa, Annadel State Park is a 5,092-acre state owned property. Former residence to the Wappo and Pomo people, the park has geological and biological importance. The world's finest example of northern oak woodlands is located here, and wildflowers bring out quite the crowd in the spring. The park surrounds Lake Ilsanjo, which also offers fishing for bass and bluegill. Varies.
- 2 Hood Mountain Regional park, 3000 Los Alamos Rd, ☏ +1 707-539-8092. 8AM-dusk. A park surrounding Mount Hood (aka Hood Mountain), a mountain that stands 2,733 feet above Sonoma Valley. The park offers hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding. When the weather is clear, you can see Golden Gate Bridge from Gunsight Rock. $7.
- 3 Sugarloaf Ridge (http://www.sugarloafpark.org/), 2605 Adobe Canyon Rd, Kenwood, ☏ +1 707-833-5712. 6AM-8PM. State park in the Mayacamas Mountains that comprises of Bald Mountain (2,729 feet) and Sonoma Creek which has a lovely 25-foot tall seasonal waterfall. The park has beautiful views. It also has overnight camping. A highlight is the Robert Ferguson Observatory, the largest publicly accessible observatory in the western United States. $8 regular, $7 senior.
- Dog hikes at the Kunde Family Winery, 9825 Sonoma Hwy, ☏ +1 707 833-5501, firstname.lastname@example.org. Hike begins at 9AM; select Saturdays. Reservations required; lunch included. There is an estate hike of similar length (four hours) that is less expensive but does not include length, on a different day. $90 per person.
- 1 Landmark Winery, 101 Adobe Canyon Rd, ☏ +1 707-833-0218. 10AM-5PM. A beautiful and classy property, Landmark has indoor and outdoor tasting options of their estate wines. The property also has a bocce ball court and picnic area. From the winery, you can see Sugarloaf Ridge. $15.
- 1 La Cucina at VJB Vineyard & Cellars, 60 Shaw Ave, Kenwood, ☏ +1 707-833-2300, email@example.com. 10AM-5PM. Grab freshly made Italian panini, salad, meats, cheeses, and sides from this winery takeout spot. Many of the foods are family recipes. You can eat them at the onsite piazza or take them with you wherever you may roam. There is also an onsite pizza place with takeout and a gelato shop. $4-8.
- Mayo Family Winery Reserve Room, 9200 Sonoma Hwy. 10:30AM-6:30PM daily except Wednesday. The food and wine pairing features seven unusual artisanal bites paired with seven interesting wines.
- Palooza Brewery and Gastropub, 8910 Sonoma Hwy, ☏ +1 707 833-4000. Gourmet pub grub, wine & beer served in a mellow tavern with ping-pong tournaments and outdoor seats. Live music and comedy nights.
- 1 Kenwood Inn and Spa, 10400 Sonoma Hwy, ☏ +1 800-353-6966.
|Routes through Kenwood|
|Sebastopol ← Santa Rosa ←||W E||→ Glen Ellen → Fairfield|