Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kenwood is in Sonoma County.
- 1 Annadel State Park, 6201 Channel Drive, Santa Rosa (east of Santa Rosa and south of Highway 12 on Channel Drive via Montgomery Drive), ☏ . 8AM-Sunset. On the northern side of Sonoma Valley, just south of Santa Rosa, Annadel State Park is a 5,092 acre state owned property. Former residence to the Wappo and Pomo people, the park has geological and biological importance. The world's finest example of northern oak woodlands is located here, and wildflowers bring out quite the crowd in the spring. The park surrounds Lake Ilsanjo, which also offers fishing for bass and bluegill. Varies.
- 2 Hood Mountain Regional park, 3000 Los Alamos Rd, ☏ . 8AM-Dusk. A park surrounding Mount Hood (aka Hood Mountain), a mountain that stands 2,733 feet above Sonoma Valley. The park offers hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding. When the weather is clear, you can see Golden Gate Bridge from Gunsight Rock. $7.
- 3 Sugarloaf Ridge (http://www.sugarloafpark.org/), 2605 Adobe Canyon Rd, Kenwood, ☏ . 6AM-8PM. State park in the Mayacamas Mountains that comprises of Bald Mountain (2,729 feet) and Sonoma Creek which has a lovely 25-foot tall seasonal waterfall. The park has beautiful views. It also has overnight camping. A highlight is the Robert Ferguson Observatory, the largest publicly accessible observatory in the western United States. $8 regular, $7 senior.
- 1 Landmark Winery, 101 Adobe Canyon Rd, ☏ . 10AM-5PM. A beautiful and classy property, Landmark has indoor and outdoor tasting options of their estate wines. The property also has a bocce ball court and picnic area. From the winery, you can see Sugarloaf Ridge. $15.
- 1 La Cucina at VJB Vineyard & Cellars, 60 Shaw Ave, Kenwood, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 10AM-5PM. Grab freshly made Italian panini, salad, meats, cheeses, and sides from this winery takeout spot. Many of the foods are family recipes. You can eat them at the onsite piazza or take them with you wherever you may roam. There is also an onsite pizza place with takeout and a gelato shop. $4-8.
- Palooza Brewery and Gastropub, 8910 Sonoma Hwy, ☏ . Gourmet pub grub, wine & beer served in a mellow tavern with ping-pong tournaments and outdoor seats. Live music and comedy nights.
|Routes through Kenwood|
|Sebastopol ← Santa Rosa ←||W E||→ Glen Ellen → Fairfield|