Kericho is in Kericho County, on the edge of the Mau Forest within the highlands west of the East African Rift.
Kericho is known for its vast tea estates.
Kericho has a warm and temperate climate throughout the year with sunny days preceding rain in the evening and on occasion hail and thunderstorms.
From Nairobi Easy Coach, ☏ . Ksh 1400. operates two buses daily to Kericho. Alternative public transport includes 11-seater shuttle vans and informal 7-seater bush taxis which link Kericho to Nairobi, Kisumu and other towns in the region.
Kericho town can be covered easily on foot or on bodaboda motorcycle taxis.
- Tea estates. Guided tours can be arranged directly with the factories.
- Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha, ☏ , , email@example.com. The largest Sikh place of worship in Africa
- 1 Sacred Heart Cathedral. This is the second largest Catholic Church in Kenya.
- 2 Chagaik Arboretum (3 km from Brooke Center on the B1 Busia Road.). A restful garden surrounded by trees within the tea plantations leading down to a small dam.
- 3 Unilever Arboretum (On the outskirts of Kericho town on C23 Kericho-Kapsuser Road).
- Walk around town.
- Swimming pool, Tea Hotel.
- 1 KNLS Library - Kericho (on Busia Road opposite South Western College (former Mid West Hotel)), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Kericho Golf Club, Nairobi Rd, Londiani Kipkelion (from the Hass petrol station on Busia Road take the side road, the club house is the first right turn.), ☏ . Private club with a nine-hole golf course, a bar and limited accommodation facilities.
- Wessyde Lounge (rooftop on Green Square Mall on Busia Road), ☏ . Night club open on most days.
- 1 Green Square Mall (Green Mall) (on Busia Road across the road from Kericho Police Station).
- Quick Mart Supermarket, corner of Kenyatta Road & Temple Road, ☏ . 8AM-9PM.
- Equity Bank, Temple Road. 24 hour ATM. Has a Mastercard/Visa Card ATM.
- Naivas Supermarket, Uhuru Road. 8AM-8:30PM.
- 1 Kimugu River Lodge (on the side road opposite Shell petrol station on Busia Road), ☏ , . The menu here is mainly Punjabi Indian and there is a good is a good view of the Kimugu River.
- Drink tea.
- 1 Ivys Inn and Guesthouse (formerly Teavale Cottages) (from Kericho Toyota take the side road down, the gate is right at the intersection), ☏ , email@example.com. Clean rooms, food is available on order and wifi is available.
- 2 Rays Place (from Nairobi direction, it is 500 m before Brooke Center with a sign board indicating the turn off), ☏ . The gardens at the back open up to a great view of the surrounding tea estates.
- Saramek Villa Inn, Kunyak B1, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Bar and restaurant available.
- Saiga Lodge, John Kerich Road (two minutes walk from the Matatu Station), ☏ . The small entrance from the street opens into a surprisingly large courtyard. Has clean rooms with mosquito nets and okay bathrooms. from Ksh 1200.
- Rex Lodge, Temple Road, ☏ . Single/double rooms. from Ksh 1200.
- Kericho Garden Lodge, Moi Highway, ☏ . Camping/single/double rooms. from Ksh 1000.
- New Sunshine Hotel, Tengecha Road, ☏ , email@example.com. Clean single/double rooms. Hot water. It has a restaurant. from Ksh 1500.
- Mwalimu Lodge, Moi Highway, ☏ . Has 36 single/double rooms with own bathroom. from Ksh 1200.
- Simmass Hotel, Temple Road.. Single/double rooms with own bathroom. from Ksh 1000.
- Lenox Hotel, Temple Road. Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. Double room with own bathroom. Ksh 1400.
There is a "Cyber" (Internet Cafe) next to Saigo Lodge, and some more Cybers all over town.