- Trains depart Swansea every two hours for Carmarthen and make a stop in Kidwelly. The journey takes about thirty-five minutes. Note, however, that as Kidwelly is a stop-on-demand station, travellers will need to flag down an approaching train in order for it to stop
- Bus number X11 (Swansea – Carmarthen) operates every 30 minutes and 111 (Swansea – Kidwelly) every 30 minutes on week days, and every hours on Sunday.
- 1 Kidwelly Castle, ☏ . Kidwelly Castle is a twelfth century Norman fort overlooking the town. Although it has not been lived in since the seventeenth century, the castle is in good condition and visitors can climb up many of the towers and walk along the walls. The castle is about 1 and a half km from the station.
- 2 Parish Church. A typical example of a Norman parish church.
- 3 Kidwelly Industrial museum. This is the only tinplate museum in the UK and is developed on the site of the oldest surviving tinplate works in the UK.
- Go to the races at 1 Ffos Las racecourse, Ffos Las Racecourse Trimsaran Carmarthenshire SA17 4DE, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed in 2009, this is a mixed (Flat and jumps) racecourse, near Kidwelly. Holding various events through the year, it was the first new National Hunt venue in the UK for 80 years.
- 2 Glyn Abbey Golf Club, Trimsaran, ☏ . Trimsaran, Kidwelly, Carmarthenshire. Features a 6202 year 18 hole par 70 main course for experienced players and a 9 hole par 3 course for beginners
- Culla Park Paintball, Culla Rd, Trimsaran, ☏ .
There are no major retail stores in Kidwelly apart from an average sized Co-op, Spar convenience store and Travis Perkins. There is a local flower shop and Kidwelly has the oldest Renault dealership in the UK which is named after the founders family name Gravells which is owned by his sons now. They have recently taken on Kia cars in which a new showroom has been opened next to the Murco petrol station they have on site. There are plans for a bigger showroom to be built in the industrial part right next to Kidwelly By-Pass.
- 1 Time for Tea, 7 Bridge Street, ☏ . tea rooms
- 2 [dead link] The Anthony's, 114 Hillfield Villas. public house
- 1 Mason Arms, 37 Water Street, ☏ . a thatched roof pub just a short walk away from Kidwelly Castle. The new, friendly owners insist the pub is over 700 years old and haunted with over two dozen friendly spirits. Enquire about Friday evening seances. Welsh ales by the Felinfoel brewery on draught and meals until 9PM.
- Llygad yr Haul, Llygad yr Haul, Meinciau, ☏ . Beautiful luxury spacious bungalow with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside . Ten minutes from the Ffos Las racecourse. Sleeps eight. Sky and WI-FI internet.